The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EPC help!

Guru

Ok so I have the EPC with European and JDM data. I have installed it and moved the directories to where it says. When I load up the CD setup knows I have the data as it's displayed but I cannot find my VIN number.

Any help?

Do you have it all working ?

If so you need to go to:

"part number translation"

this brings up a new screen "vehicle input"

Go to the second box along "model name / catalog code, in the box type "supra"

and press search

This will bring up various options, depending on what version you are on. select "jza80"

Next go to the box labelled "model" and click search. This weill bring up all the model codes and vin no's for the various supras including production dates.

when you have selected the one you want press f10 this will take you to the parts selection screen.

If you want to search for something japanese specific

You need to go to "initial setup" then change the option from european to japanese under the "current cd area version section"

What's the deal with the EPC, where you install the programme, fine.

You then tick the box and try to install the libraries, and select say run from hd, and it seems to copy all the data, but then if you select part number translation it says you need to run the cd set-up.

Even if you try to run from CD it just does this.

I'm confused as it used to work fine, but since I re-built my pc I just can't get it to work.

I know a couple of people have the same problem, so any advice would be appreciated.

I got a 1.5gb torrent download which you install, copy some folders and boot straight in. I didn't touch the add CD bit just changed over to Jap version.

When you go into the CD setup is it blank or already stuff in there? If there is stuff in there just leave it and follow Col's method above (after switching to Jap version if you need it).

Hope that can help :)