The mkiv Supra Owners Club

been offered a swap a aristo tt for my aerotop n/a is it worth it

steve0

hi folks advertisied my aerotop on a few websites and ive been offered a aristo twin turbo 95 in green as a swap i dont know much about these cars looks alright but if i was to take it would it be easy to sell if i didnt like it or a bugger to sell cheers

Why are you selling your NA? If it's cos you want a TT Supra you might be disappointed with a luxobarge Aristo. If you want a big comfy cruiser then an Aristo might be OK, dunno what your plans are. If Aristos were easy to shift the guy wouldn't be looking to swap it for your Supra, would he?

Me, I would hold out for a buyer and then get the car you really want, whatever that is.

yeah jake has a good point but the aristo is very fast, would give a TT supra a good race even with the extra weight. Don't be like me and a few other aristo owners and sell/swap your supra and then regret. I would say only swap if you are looking for a car with more room for the family etc.

havent really decided what i want yet i havent got any kids as such( touch wood) :D like that just thought the aristo would be good thing for a few weeks as theres only seven in the autotrader his isnt on it he just emailed me asking if i would consider a swap

just this

Its got tax and MOT until Jan 07, i've kept up a well documented service history while i've owned it which has everything i've done to it including receipts - all the way down to the smallest things like Valve caps!

Cam belt was done at approx 58k miles, current mileage is 67k. Just been serviced, had new discs and pads reciently and all 5 tyres are good. Car is clean inside and out and the only marks are one slight one on the passenger seat and a crack in the passenger wind deflector (which has been repaired). Interior is light grey velour. 300+bhp

just this

Its got tax and MOT until Jan 07, i've kept up a well documented service history while i've owned it which has everything i've done to it including receipts - all the way down to the smallest things like Valve caps!

Cam belt was done at approx 58k miles, current mileage is 67k. Just been serviced, had new discs and pads reciently and all 5 tyres are good. Car is clean inside and out and the only marks are one slight one on the passenger seat and a crack in the passenger wind deflector (which has been repaired). Interior is light grey velour. 300+bhp

Send him my way, i am looking for an Aristo and am trying to sell my n/a auto

Aristo's are nice cars and are starting to rise in profile. A good one will actually start to appreciatte in value especially when the likes of the green manual one I had and the purple one Jurgen sold recently hit the front covers of magazines. The tunability is the same as a supra its just really wether you want a sport coupe or a 4 door huge wagon really.

Why are you selling your NA? If it's cos you want a TT Supra you might be disappointed with a luxobarge Aristo. If you want a big comfy cruiser then an Aristo might be OK, dunno what your plans are. If Aristos were easy to shift the guy wouldn't be looking to swap it for your Supra, would he?

Me, I would hold out for a buyer and then get the car you really want, whatever that is.

Valid point but a Aristo is a TT engine and if you ask anyone after this weekend they will tell you that Aristo's do shift.

I have enjoyed the driving experience this weekend

I have spoken to the guy, unfortunaltely he only wants an aerotop, his aristo is pushing over 300bhp and is fitted with dvd player and god knows what else, i am so pissed off, if i had an aerotop with no spoiler and 85,000 on the clock and he wanted to swap plus give me £500 then i would not need asking twice, swap the fucker

Valid point but a Aristo is a TT engine and if you ask anyone after this weekend they will tell you that Aristo's do shift.

Yeah I know they shift. I wasn't dissing the Aristo I was asking what car the OP really wants.

I'm sure a 2JZ-GTE in a big saloon body is still rapid but I'm equally sure the extra weight and softer suspension doesn't do wonders for the handling, compared to a Supra. I'd have an Aristo any day if I needed a four door. I've never seen yours IRL but Gaz's is very nice.

Fact is they have same engine as supra tt, nearly as fast and you can get family, shopping etc in too, people will not be constantly trying to burn you off and if they do will get a big shock, i would gladly swap my n/a for one, please someone help me!!!:D

Aristo if you’re a family man, Supra if you don't want kids anywhere near you car!

A tip is to take out the rear seats and stuff it with hifi just to ensure kids can't fit in the back and put there grubby hands everywhere, puking and dribbling on your nice leather!