The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance help

Guest stevie1982

Guest stevie1982

hi guys and girls

i have just picked up a 1995 m plate 3.0 n/a (import) :D having difficulties finding an insurance company that will insure me on :( it as it is an import.

can anyone point me in the right direction of who to go to?

i am 24 with 4yrs ncb with no points on my lisence.

i am really sorry if this has been covered before as i am sure it has but have tried to use the search bar and i am having no luck.

please i would really appreciate some help.

steve

did they say that to you about the no-claims

this pulled off there sit

insurance guide - no claims bonus

No claims bonus is awarded to you for every annual insurance policy claim free year. The more no claims bonus you have the greater the discount you are likely to receive against your insurance premium. Typically discount is capped at around 65% but some policies reward you for more.

In the event of a claim being made against your insurance policy where your no claims bonus is not protected your discount may be affected. Typically for every claim made during the duration of an insurance policy year your no claims bonus will be reduced by two years. This varies for each individual insurer and you should always read the terms and conditions of the policy.

Once you reach the maximum no claims bonus you may wish to protect your discount. By doing this the insurer will allow you to make a few claims without losing your no claims bonus. There will be a charge for this benefit and you should check the terms and conditions of the insurer. The number of claims you are allowed to make varies for each individual insurer, but usually its either two claims in three years or two in five years.

for me , yes.

they wanted 1600 for insure my TT and 800 with the classic car policy. I need to have full no claim to get this kind of quote...

I have 2 years NCB and still have to pay 1600 :(

I won't get no claim bonus but in the policy I can get the discount with the next year policy.

Guest stevie1982

i had that problem with lancaster i tried on their web site and they would not qoute me. is it best to phone them then?

also guys what should i expect to pay at 24 with 4yrs ncb on a 95 na any ideas

steve

Guest stevie1982

been qouted 1300 un protected by admerial on a fully comp policy and 1500 protected 3pft came in 200 cheaper on each qoute.

elephant was 100 pound more expensive all round, lancaster wont insure me(need to call them) and awaiting a call back from a-plan

can anyone explain why it is soo high and i am finding a problem. i have recently owned 2 impreza's which were moddified and had no trouble had them both insured for just over 1000 fully comp what is it with the supra it is unmoddified (for now) and has less power.

any help

steve

Thats weird because im quoted around 1300 for an NA and im 23 with 1ncb

Just phone as many places as you can, try adrian flux too.

How many places have you tried, you shud get it around 1K im sure with 4yrs NCB , where your imprezas imports?