The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mk4 n/a supra help and info needed for a friend

Guest dee_rz

Guest dee_rz

I was pm'd this about 20 mins ago from a friend who is on another jap car forum that i'm also on, he needs your help and i put it to the open forum as i can only help very little this is what was in the pm

Ive had some interest from someone for a swap for my Z tt....a 93 NA auto mkiv Supra

I know these arent as quick as the Z tt but i need realiability and fuel cost cutting

can you get a manual conversion for these?

what sort of BHP can i get out of one of these for 2k budget?

cheers

Adam

HELP guys thanks in advance :)

Guest dee_rz

It's a friend who has ask this question to me i don't know the answers :D he has a 300zx tt and has been offered a straight swap for a mk 4 supra n/a auto he really would like a manual but with 2 k it doesn't sound feesable to me plus he wants power mods, what can he do with 2 k to spend on an n/a supra guys??? he doesn't expect it to be as powerful as his circa 340ishbhp 300zx tt but wants some good power for 2k how?, don't think nos is a good option for him either.

Thanks in advance guys

Guest dee_rz

thanks for the help bromy, i think i'm going to tell him or convince him to keep his 300 to be honest as i think it's not worth the bother, i prefer the supras looks (300 still look good) but from going from 340ishbhp it's going to be too much of a come down for him, i'll see what he says.

Dude, would you not find that the weight of the zx is a real down feature of the car, jim_supra's dad has one, which is meant to be powerful, I have been in that and jim's NA and I can honestly say that I felt the Supra was swifter.

I do not know wether that was bias talking, but the Supra might feel faster due to it being about 300kg lighter.

My NA AUTO is putting out 231.8bhp, after basically a NUR-Spec and XERD Header. My intake system is lowering the power (IMHO) due to its volume, but will pay dividends when I get a turbo for it. But considering that stockers with similair mileage, etc. were pulling 204-208bhp.

At the end of the day Dee, your mate just has to take the acid test and try the car out, he might end up prefering the Supra, the ZX is a nice motor, just such a huge Ass!