The mkiv Supra Owners Club

first week of ownership....

mathew

well the title says it all, had the soop for a week now and the novelty and (big) smile still hasnt worn off. any stress or agitation is all gone after a quick blat in the beast. there have been a few surprises which i wasnt expecting, the first is how good it handles for such a big car. one thing that isnt as much of a surprise is the attention it gets- though i cant really blame anyone, just look at it!!:) its still a bit strange picking up the keys off the table and heading to the car that i used to have posters of on my bedroom wall (i was a wee lad at the time). DAVE past in his white supe last weekend, gave a little wave, then i thought what a stunning car.only then did i remember that i was sat in one:d All in all and pound for pound there is no comparison imo. some of the questions that get asked are comical along with most of the 1.2litres that wana race you :D Got to make the effort this weekend to take some proper pics of the supe and also sell the car which i forgot i had due to the supe turning up!!:)

have to agree with you there mate. Couldnt stop smiling for a week. 3 months on and i still enjoy it. Infact im gnna take it out for a spin in an hour or so for a laugh.

Have you had the back end step out yet? came as a bit of a shock to me. but then again this is my first rwd car. It got straight back into line again marvelously though.

spend plenty of time building up your experience and ability, reckon I spent a whole summer before I started driving it anything like it should be driven - but hey I still have it in one piece and its an even faster car now

glad your enjoying the supe matt nice to see another one in town im not exclusive anymore. i still got a smile 19months on .i get all the loud sounding 1.2s trying to race me but i dont bother whats the point?i have had the back step out did a bit of drifting round cross hands roundabout shat me self lol.

well the title says it all, had the soop for a week now and the novelty and (big) smile still hasnt worn off. any stress or agitation is all gone after a quick blat in the beast. there have been a few surprises which i wasnt expecting, the first is how good it handles for such a big car. one thing that isnt as much of a surprise is the attention it gets- though i cant really blame anyone, just look at it!!:) its still a bit strange picking up the keys off the table and heading to the car that i used to have posters of on my bedroom wall (i was a wee lad at the time). DAVE past in his white supe last weekend, gave a little wave, then i thought what a stunning car.only then did i remember that i was sat in one:d All in all and pound for pound there is no comparison imo. some of the questions that get asked are comical along with most of the 1.2litres that wana race you :D Got to make the effort this weekend to take some proper pics of the supe and also sell the car which i forgot i had due to the supe turning up!!:)

they are special mate.,they feel good when your just sat in them,they feel good driving,. they look good,. theres so much about them,

however theres one thing that suprised me,. i recon the supra is actualy a smallish car ! seriously i met up with a few mates last december,.

there was a skyline,. scoobie,. evo4 ,.and me - we did a line up photo and my car looked TINY! ive got a pic somewhere ;)