The mkiv Supra Owners Club

very quick question

miko_supra

You might have read one of my posts as it was recommended to me from someone on here, when you buy isopropyl alcohol make sure that you do NOT buy the aerosol spray version make sure its in pouring form as you will be at it for hours if you buy the spray stuff

If you know someone that works in a hospital get them to 'borrow' some "medi-pads". They're about 20mm x 20mm felt pads soaked in IPA in their own little packets (made to rub down skin before an injection etc.) - perfect for rubbing down and cleaning.

ok, well 2 1/2 hours ago i began. So far i have two coats of matt black on the ash tray, and one coat of primer on the gear surround. Its hard work ill tell you that. Im gnna give it two coats of clear laquer too. i've been using thinners on it and a whole range of sandpaper.

I did mine a few months back the same way using 200, 400, and then 600 grit wet n dry. took an absolute age and was really hard work but it was well worth it in the end looks so much better now! :)

I tried using a dremel at 1 point to speed things up in the tight areas DON'T! It creates to much heat and ends up melting the plastic.:rolleyes:

I did mine a few months back the same way using 200, 400, and then 600 grit wet n dry. took an absolute age and was really hard work but it was well worth it in the end looks so much better now! :)

I tried using a dremel at 1 point to speed things up in the tight areas DON'T! It creates to much heat and ends up melting the plastic.:rolleyes:

Its all about using the right chemicals...

Mine took GVN 1 hour to stip and clean ready for primer :)