The mkiv Supra Owners Club

opinion on selling a supra a standard or modded one

steve0

hi folks whats your opinion on this ive advertised the sup in autorader and a few websites but most folk seam to want a spoiler on the back mines hasnt got one or any other mods had one person offer peanuts for the sup saying cause its not moded meaning he would have to spend more moding it i thought a standard car would be better then you can do your own thing whats everyones elses thought on this cheers

It all depends on the buyer mate, people may be looking for one already modded because they can save money that way, performance parts aint cheap. Others might want a standard one, because they may see it as a safer option. Horses for courses.

hold out mate, there are loads of people who want an untouched supra. im sure there will be some of them who want a spoiler-less 1. Maybe your Supra doesnt look right san spoiler, post some pics! :)

Edit just view your post selling you car.

Looks ok but i would look out for a stock spoiler on here, i think you should get £5k for it.

The guy was talking a load of bull to get you to come down in price, hold out for a buyer, loads of people want standard cars, standard cars are dare i say it more reliable in my opinion. It depends on the buyer, standard cars are cheaper to insure, perfect for someone like me who doesnt want many mods else insurnace goes silly high!

O and spoilers arnt an issue really, they can be easily retrofitted with a TRD wing or left spoilerless, the supe looks pretty good spoilerless!

At least you have had someone offer you something,i have not had one phonecall,mine has a spoiler and is std except de cat pipes its in immaculate cond and i think reasonably priced.Its going to take time but it will go eventually

Have you still got your standard cats?

so you think i should bump the price up a wee bit then

Maybe, then say ono so the price will come down more anyway. this is all IMHO tho and maybe wrong. :search:

but then maybe you should lower the price for a quicker sale!! i dont know, im confused no going for a lie down.

Stevo, id change the ad a bit, you say "as the roads round my way are more suited for them and i barely use the supra snd not really fond of the auto no offence to anyone whos got an auto "

This aint a great selling point to be fair, if im looking to buy an auto i want to be told that they are a brilliant auto. Not i hate the auto thats why im selling. Altho never driven an auto supra they are well regarded as being one of the best autoboxes compared to other cars, so make that a selling point.

Tell em the auto is great, it was well ahead of its time back when they first produced it, im pretty sure no auto's had a manual mode then.

Start each line with a capital letter and just generally tidy up the way its set out.

The pics look great, maybe an interior shot needed.

What year is the car too?

Just my opinion this of course, its your ad. Good luck with the sale.

i always looked for a standard supra with both of mine. generally its just the idea that its been untouched and is yours to do what you like with it. just hold out for the right buyer, and beware though if you put the price up you may lose more interest. n/as are going as cheap as 3k on autotrader nowadays.