The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Motec traction control vs RLTC 1-0 and WOW!!!!

fastisnice

Last night i got my car back with last reading at 730bhp and this time the dyno of Owen dev couldn't tell the power,so we didnt bother with dyno figures but i suspect very close to 800bhp as the injectors were between 75%-80%. So i've decided to sell my RLTC and move on enabling the extra feature on the Motec which does launch and traction control,and all I have to say is that im shocked how much better it performs than RLTC,i know i will probably get flamed for saying this but i dont care,:p.I've experienced it and i can tell. What i've noticed is that you dont feel it cutting off the power AT ALL,my rear tyres are due for a change and are quite worn..With 800bhp when i switched it off it was wheelspinning 4thgear on the motorway!!!

With the traction on you can boot it on a corner redlining it and you dont feel it cutting the engine at all! and with no wheelspinning.I have no idea how the hell it performs so well.RLTC used to piss me off sometimes,i could feel it coming on cutting lots of power,specially under hard acceleration and slippery sharp corners..I cant explain it you have to use it to realise the difference. Also it launches so nice with whatever boost u want! Motec is an amazing piece of equipment!!

Motec is bringing out some new sensors which im the first one in the country to own!:, not out yet but Owen dev has made some!) which is replacing the standard ABS sensors and it supposes to control and set traction system even more accurate and better,maybe this has something to do with MOTEC traction being so fantastic. It really feels like sitting on a missile, so steady and you get all the G-force straight on your head! Fitted and mapped is 3K but it has cost me so much more than that to get it right..Everytime i paid i felt bit depressed spending so much money but its really worth it after a drive!.

The way to 800bhp is not easy!

What boost was the hp made at please if you dont mind me asking??

@1.8..but i have all the other bits to go with it though: gas flowed cyl head/cams/titan spring ret. Apparently no matter what u do if u dont port your cyl head u cant get anymore than 600..Its so many other bits that can let u down.took me more than a year of taking my car back to Owen.Every time they were discovering silly little things which had to be sorted out. Last time limit was the filter so I had to get a custom made filter,its bloody enormous from ITG! to cope with the power and drill a hole to get some cold air pipe feed..Still didnt get a chance to setup the NOS as a pipe burst and Nos bottle run out:(

RLTC has a launch feature but it sucks,never used it - its nowhere near Motec!its kind of antilag the one Motec is using..

Motec is bringing out some new sensors which im the first one in the country to own!:, not out yet but Owen dev has made some!) which is replacing the standard ABS sensors and it supposes to control and set traction system even more accurate and better,maybe this has something to do with MOTEC traction being so fantastic. It really feels like sitting on a missile, so steady and you get all the G-force straight on your head! Fitted and mapped is 3K but it has cost me so much more than that to get it right..Everytime i paid i felt bit depressed spending so much money but its really worth it after a drive!.

The way to 800bhp is not easy!

What boost was the hp made at please if you dont mind me asking??

@1.8..but i have all the other bits to go with it though: gas flowed cyl head/cams/titan spring ret. Apparently no matter what u do if u dont port your cyl head u cant get anymore than 600..Its so many other bits that can let u down.took me more than a year of taking my car back to Owen.Every time they were discovering silly little things which had to be sorted out. Last time limit was the filter so I had to get a custom made filter,its bloody enormous from ITG! to cope with the power and drill a hole to get some cold air pipe feed..Still didnt get a chance to setup the NOS as a pipe burst and Nos bottle run out:(

RLTC has a launch feature but it sucks,never used it - its nowhere near Motec!its kind of antilag the one Motec is using..

Granted mate it might suck in comparrison, but then you are talking about a piece of £500 kit to £3k+ worth bit of kit ;)

very nice results you must be pleased,interesting comment about the limitation of 600 bhp with stock head,I think more is possible but not without failures,I am suprised at the amount of people tuning the supra for big power without porting/polishing/cc ing the head as this can up the airflow upto 15% or more,and reduce cylinder/valve temps dramatically,seems to me that losts of effort and cash spent getting lots of cold air to the engine and from the engine but when it gets to the engine just cams and or big valves done.surely the faster that you can get air through the head the better.Motec has to be the way to go .:)