The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Charity Run-What-Ya-Brung

Guest Cyprus Scooby

Guest Cyprus Scooby

Hi all!

Im organising the above event to be held on an RAF runway in South Wales on a Saturday towards the start of August. (date to be announced soon!) Im wondering if anybody on here would be interested.

I helped organise one in Cyprus 2 years ago, which was a great success and helped raise alot of money for some charities.

I would be inviting a few other Car clubs like the Mitsubishi Lancer Register, Subaru Impreza Drivers Club, Peugeot GTi Club, Skyline GTR Owners Club, 350z Owners Club, RS Owners Club etc. Bikers would also be welcome.

We would be asking a small price to turn up on the day and a price for each 'run' down the runway. Runs would be timed and the Police would record speeds with a speed gun.

I would also be asking local car dealerships to show up and display some cars.

Persons wanting to attend, will have to be UK citizens and bring with them a UK passport or UK Photographic Driving Licence. I would also, nearer the time, have to know details of all persons willing to attend in advance with car registrations.

We are also hoping for some motoring magazines to be in attendance. If interested, please add your name on the list on the following link:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5936362#post5936362

Sounds good. Are you talking about standing start 1mile (or 1.25, whatever) top speed runs?

If you're only doing quarter miles the police wouldn't be a good choice as they are only going to give you a terminal speed, right?

If you used Straightliners or somebody like that you could do proper quarter mile drag times, with reaction times, 60ft, eighths, the all important quarter mile time and well as terminals.

Guest Cyprus Scooby
Sounds good. Are you talking about standing start 1mile (or 1.25, whatever) top speed runs?

If you're only doing quarter miles the police wouldn't be a good choice as they are only going to give you a terminal speed, right?

If you used Straightliners or somebody like that you could do proper quarter mile drag times, with reaction times, 60ft, eighths, the all important quarter mile time and well as terminals.

You know too much about this stuff! lol:p

I would imagine that we will do it from standing starts.

Will have to look into getting proper timing equipment.

It will be more of a fun thing rather than taking it too seriously. Im sure there will be opportunitys for some high speed runs as well!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...