The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This might sound like a silly question but.....

SuperSupra

The Thor TSD and DSC combined unit and the TSD unit on it's own look identical on the website. Is this an error in terms of the picture they put up or do they in fact both say DSC + TSD on them? If they do look the same, how do you know which is which?!!!!!!

See here and compare both pictures. It's like spot the difference, except, there are none!

Yes they look same nowadays because (annoyingly) they use the same case. The previous versions were quite different, iirc.

You can easily tell the TSD from the combined TSD/DSC by inspecting your credit card statement.

As far as I know there's no way to determine visually whether a pre-loved Thor unit is a combi-TSD/DSC or just a vanilla TSD. So be careful if offered a 2nd hand one.

Yes they look same nowadays because (annoyingly) they use the same case. The previous versions were quite different, iirc.

You can easily tell the TSD from the combined TSD/DSC by inspecting your credit card statement.

As far as I know there's no way to determine visually whether a pre-loved Thor unit is a combi-TSD/DSC or just a vanilla TSD. So be careful if offered a 2nd hand one.

Hmmm yeah that's exactly what I got mate, second hand one, paid £45 for it so I'm not really complaining either way! Ah well, I'll fit it (try to fit it) and see what happens eh! Cheers Jake.

• 1 month later...
I suspect it's the same chip and just down to the Firmware uploaded.

Ah I see, that would make sense, although it's gonna be a bugger! If I were to fit it, and find that what I have is a TSD and not a converter, is there another simple device I would need or do I need the combined unit?