The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just serviced the Supra

pistonbroke

I've been outside for most the day giving the car a little TLC. Changed the oil to some Motul chrono stuff, (not cheap) but should be worth it.

I also found that of all the cars I've ever serviced, the oil filter on the supra is in a really awkward place. It was so bloody tight to get off.

Whilst under the car I noticed oil residue around the front main oil seal area, but there seemed to be no oil at all around the actual seal, just on the sump. Is there another place that can leak around that area, its not the sump gasket as its above the gasket line.

Then I noticed coolant all along the bottom of the radiator, I couldn't believe it, just my luck for two expensive repair bills coming up, I checked for the source of the leak but couldn't see anything, I decided to drain the coolant and replace it with Toyota premixed red stuff, but gave it a good flush through first with water in an attempt to find the leak. I ran the engine to check for oil and coolant leaks and found that the top hose was leaking slightly at the top of the rad. WOOOOHOO, just a simple re seat of the hose and its all sweet, no more leaks.

So now I just have to keep an eye on the oil leak at the bottom of the engine so see where its come from, I'm thinking it could possibly have been from when the cam cover was leaking when I first got the car.

Nice peace of mind now though that shes got some fresh oil and coolant in her.

If anyone has any suggestions about the oil leak, let me know.

Oh, and to top it off, my membership card and stickers came through today. :D