The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sorry to be nosey but how old are you and who are you insured with

Guest Lucy

Hiya sorry a nosey question hope you dont mind lol but just wondered as going through ins process how old are you all and what spec car do you drive and how much and where is your ins from.

What car do you drive spec?

Insurance cost per year and company

reg of car

how much did you pay for the car originally

no claims protected and how many yrs no claims etc?

This is just to give me an idea of insurance for a supra at my age of 28 ;) wink wink

and also how muc I might be looking at paying to gage an idea of price for different spec and reg cars.

Thanks in advance

Lucy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

96' jap spec 6 speed TT N reg witch cost me £11,500 18 months ago.

I am 24 with 5 years no claims and i pay £1000 give or take a few quid but that is without any mods declared :innocent: with elephant, no other company i have tried could get near that! (have not tried the club insurer yet tho)

I expect yours will propably work out a lot cheaper as you are a girl (Don't mean any offence by that it's just a fact!) ;)

Thank you :) so my quote of £541.00 with Sky ins seems to be okay then.

Just seeing as I have heard there are some owners (sorry read) lol that are 23 and got lower ins quotes than I did

couldn't believe it
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

So am interested in seeing what others have paid.

Thanks people :)

Doing all my research first then I will feel confident I am paying a good price for things

Hiya sorry a nosey question hope you dont mind lol but just wondered as going through ins process how old are you all and what spec car do you drive and how much and where is your ins from.

What car do you drive spec?

Insurance cost per year and company

reg of car

how much did you pay for the car originally

no claims protected and how many yrs no claims etc?

This is just to give me an idea of insurance for a supra at my age of 28 ;) wink wink

and also how muc I might be looking at paying to gage an idea of price for different spec and reg cars.

Thanks in advance

Lucy

don,t be so nosey typical woman:D :p

Hi Lucy,

My cars a 1996 JSPEC GZ TT

Im 22

Im with Lancaster Insurance and my insurance is now roughly £1500 p/a

I bought is 2 months ago for just under £10k

3 years NCB - no protected NCB

£300 voluntary excess

No named drivers

Fully comp

don,t be so nosey typical woman:D :p

oi you lol:p :eyebrows:

Well yep I guess I am lol but will be worth the research when I get a good deal lol;) :):innocent:

alot of insurance companies have asked for spec of modifications and some companies have quoted me well over £1000 couldnt believe it when some have been able to get it much lower.

Also interesting to see what spec the cars are are they Jap or uk spec as I think this makes a difference to some cmpanies from what I have found this morning been on phone al morning trying to get quotes not fun :(:taped:

Hi Lucy

94 Jspec TT GZ Aerotop - paying £670 fully comp with 2yrs no claims and aged 30(was 29 when i took policy out though). Bonnet & wheels declared and guaranteed value given(in case of a right off). That was Sky Insurance.

Good luck hunting:) . Make sure you play a few off against each other as my starting price was £900 but there were 2 or 3 companies really trying hard to get the business of each other.

alot of insurance companies have asked for spec of modifications and some companies have quoted me well over £1000 couldnt believe it when some have been able to get it much lower.

Also interesting to see what spec the cars are are they Jap or uk spec as I think this makes a difference to some cmpanies from what I have found this morning been on phone al morning trying to get quotes not fun :(:taped:

If i were you i would get myself on Confused.com without them i would never of found a qoute cheaper thatn £4K!!!!!

Just seeing as I have heard there are some owners (sorry read) lol that are 23 and got lower ins quotes than I did

couldn't believe it

Doing all my research first then I will feel confident I am paying a good price for things

That sounds like a damm good quote to me girly :D is that on a TT?

Think i might give them a call when mine is up for renewal in a few months :)

couldn't believe it

I'm confused how some people get such low quotes, i'm with sky and pay about £570 with all mods declared (not that many;) ) FC and agreed value, and old enough to be your dad;)

I'm confused how some people get such low quotes, i'm with sky and pay about £570 with all mods declared (not that many;) ) FC and agreed value, and old enough to be your dad;)

Thats probably down to either your postcode or your negotiating. Thats not meant to sound offensive, i just take haggling to an extreme i think. Even do it when purchasing from shops quite often.:blink: much to the bemusement of my better half.

Hey girlie, I'm 32 with 5 years NCB insuring a stock J-spec N/A, kept in a secure, locked yard and Sky quoted me about £450ish Fully Comp. The postal area you live in can make a big difference, I once got told that the area I lived in added 250 quid to my quote!

around £650 with sky - all mods in my sig declared. Went for agreed value for an extra £35 or something

would go with sky even if other insurers were cheaper since their cover actually seems really good with like for like replacement