The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is my oil pressure to low?

Kn1ght

I’ve been monitoring my oil pressure after my défi gauge started beeping at me after a spirited drive up a long hill my pressure had dropped to 1.6ish bar is this to low?

When warm the car normally idles at 1.8 bar and rises to 4.2 bar at WOT, the oil in the car is 10w-60 which I’m going to change next week. When the car is cold it idles at 3.8 bar. Another thing the gauge does is fluctuates +/- 0.1 bar is this also normal?

I’ve had a search through the forum but could not find what a healthy oil pressure is.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ross

Cheers, :cool:

I was just worried when I was searching and finding people with 130psi and 50psi and mine was so much lower. :blink:

Will a different oil for example 10w-50 or 10w-40 raise my pressure?

I’m looking at either motul 300v Chrono 10w-40 or Silkolene Pro S 10w-50 which have people had better results from?

23 psi at idle is OK, with hot oil. If it's VERY low the oil pressure warning light will flash. I have found a lot of the electronic aftermarket pressure guages give very suspect readings anyway.

Chris I am very keen to hear your thoughts on MAX oil pressure on the 2JZ.