The mkiv Supra Owners Club

strange climate control problem

cntt

I did a search and read through a lot of them, don't seems to see one with the same problem.

my climate control has lights on, but when I press the bottons, nothing changes, not even auto, when I turn the fan speed, nothing changes, when I turn the temperature switch, the led on the botton changes but nothing happens, the fan stays the same, I dont think its even on, the temp stays the same, not hotter not cooler.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance

You could do the A/C diagnostic check and see if there are any reported problems:

Turn the ignition on while holding down 'AUTO' and 'Recirc/FreshAir' buttons

If the AUTO button flashes steadily it means it thinks everything is OK. Any other lights flashing means there's a problem. Different lights flash for different problems - there's a detailed procedure in the Member's Downloads section.

You could do the A/C diagnostic check and see if there are any reported problems:

Turn the ignition on while holding down 'AUTO' and 'Recirc/FreshAir' buttons

If the AUTO button flashes steadily it means it thinks everything is OK. Any other lights flashing means there's a problem. Different lights flash for different problems - there's a detailed procedure in the Member's Downloads section.

blimey, i learnt something new ! bloody clever little car isn't it.

so whats cntt short for ? when you say it out loud it sounds like something you leave behind in a tissue after you've blown your nose.;)

oh btw welcome !

ok I checked the plugs, disconnected them and re connected again, no different.

when I turn the temp switch, the lights on the air vents bottons changes and without the engine running I can hear the vents moving, so the motors are working, and I checked the wires, they are all ok, has not been messed with, so what could it be? it does seems like a wiring problem but could it be the control panel itself?

I also tried the diagnostic, nothing flashed at all, I pressume its because the bottons are not working thats why :(

can admin move this to technical? or should I start a thread again in there?

man all you guys do is laugh

no one explain why, thanks a lot :complain:

Ok then, take away one of the 't' s and replace it with a 'U' and mix the letters around. Little bit cryptic I agree but when I first looked at Cntt that's what I thought;)

Paul

sorry for keep posting here but something strange just happened tonight when I was on my way home, some of the bottons started to work, and the temp switch makes the rest of the botthons to light up and the motor actually doing something, also the temp switch changes the fan switch lights moving the right direction when turned, expect the fan doesn't acutally do anything, but when I tried them again a little while after, none of the bottons are doing anything, but the temp switch still changes the lights on the fan switch the right directions. what could the problem be? I found out that the fuses were not correct yesterday, I replaced them with the right fuses after looking at my friends car since I dont have the cover in mine. would this give you guys more of an idea what it might be? is it something simple or will I have to replace the control?

any sugestions would be great, thanks a million

• 11 years later...