PDA

View Full Version : Hello Newbie here

Lucy
27-06-06, 21:50
Hiya

I have joined as I am very interested in getting a supra. I am hpoing to get alot of info I need from here and advice so please feel free to give me as much as you can lol:rolleyes: :) :notworthy
Are there any members loacl to me, I live near Gatwick? Also could you recommend any good garages where I could buy a Supra from I am looking at risingsun imports which are based near me any info on them would be great.
I have driven a supra non turbo today (Auto) which seemed a nice drive. I prob have a huge list of questions I have read through all the helpful stuff on the home page ;)
When you purchase an older Supra have you had to pay out alot for repairs if so are parts and services expensive, rough guide in pricing please if you can. Just weighing up the pro'd and cons.
I have had a fab insurance quote at 415.15 a year I am 28 and have full no claims so now I just have to find a good car :)
I need to sell mine too I currently have a 106 quiksilver modified yep a bit of a change of car hey lol.
Anyway if anyone can help me and advise me on the best buy and where to get a nice supra from that would be fab ideally I am looking at one that has been modified externally pref with a veilside body kit.

Going to go check out the rest of the site now and then will prob become a paid member what sort of benefits do you get?

Nice to meet ya all and respect for all you Supra lovers :) Such a nice car :):d :notworthy :d

Lucy x

Robert
27-06-06, 21:52
Hello Lucy and welcome to the club :)

SupraStar 3000
27-06-06, 21:52
helloooooo Lucy :) :)

any pics?

Lucy
27-06-06, 21:53
helloooooo Lucy :) :)

any pics?

Hiya thanks peeps pics what of me or my pug lol?

Mike
27-06-06, 21:56
welcome...

don't mind the locals, they get a bit giddy sometimes.... ;)

SupraStar 3000
27-06-06, 21:56

no,...YOU ;)

mr lover
27-06-06, 21:57
welcome lucy, good luck finding a car, some nice ones on here for sale

jim_supra
27-06-06, 21:58
Hi Lucy, welcome to the forum:)

BASHTHEBISHOP
27-06-06, 21:58
Hi & :welcome:

Both please:) :d :)

grimreaper
27-06-06, 21:59
hi try dormans garage, dormansland surry. www.ambcarsales.co.uk

Geo
27-06-06, 21:59
Welcome Kid.

Iv just joined to. So were both kinda new on the Forums. I got in contact with Jurgen, for my soop. He got me a cracker, pick it up August/September. Contact him if your looking.

THE DON
27-06-06, 22:00
welcome. we like pics of newbies;)

Kevin M
27-06-06, 22:00
Hi Lucy, a very warm welcome!;)

gzaerojon
27-06-06, 22:02
welcome:wave:

MR.B
27-06-06, 22:03
Welcome aboard Lucy. :cool:

Charlotte
27-06-06, 22:03
Beware of the sharks. ;)

Welcome to the club. :)

Ewen
27-06-06, 22:04
:) Hi Lucy....bet your first post makes 4 pages.

SupraStar 3000
27-06-06, 22:06
:) Hi Lucy....bet your first post makes 4 pages.

jealous Ewen ? :p ;)

dangerous brain
27-06-06, 22:08
Surprised WSB2 hasnt been in yet :)

Lucy
27-06-06, 22:11
Ok here be kind I have spent alot on the pug :) but not in same rank as supra lol but still nice car
and here are a couple of me my best pic but very old now and a more recent on of me lol
excuse the posey pic lol only a few decent ones I have of me lol
http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/imports/2006/06/513.jpg
More recent in my older years lol
ITs FANCY DRESS lol;) I dont normally paint flowers on my face lol hee heee heee
http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/imports/2006/06/514.jpg
and my car at mo although have black angel eye projectors on it now only had it 3 months completely modified it and now I wanna stat again but with a supra its fun :)
http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/imports/2006/06/515.jpg
http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/imports/2006/06/516.jpg

I know I know nothing like your cars but its still a lovely fun drive and gets alot of looks:p

Lucy

Pig
27-06-06, 22:13
Nice looking car pug! I used to love my pug, just wait until you have the supe :D
Welcome BTW, oh and nice photo's of you but you need to enquire about hovis!

Lewis
27-06-06, 22:15
Ok here be kind I have spent alot on the pug :) but not in same rank as supra lol but still nice car
and here are a couple of me my best pic but very old now and a more recent on of me lol
excuse the posey pic lol only a few decent ones I have of me lol
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/Lucyloo28/DSCN0326.jpg
More recent in my older years lol
ITs FANCY DRESS lol;) I dont normally paint flowers on my face lol hee heee heee
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/Lucyloo28/fancydress.jpg
and my car at mo although have black angel eye projectors on it now only had it 3 months completely modified it and now I wanna stat again but with a supra its fun :)
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/Lucyloo28/car3.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/Lucyloo28/DSCN5049Small.jpg

I know I know nothing like your cars but its still a lovely fun drive and gets alot of looks:p

Lucy

Very pretty.

You're not that bad either, just need some hovis

MR.B
you need to enquire about hovis!
I was wondering how long that would take. :d

Jive
Welcome BTW, oh and nice photo's of you but you need to enquire about hovis!

:rlol:

Was waiting for that and just spat tea over my monitor :D

Welcome to the site Lucy, great bunch of people and loads of info around to help you out .. good luck with the search :)

Ewen
27-06-06, 22:16
jealous Ewen ? :p ;)

:) of what exactly....surely not your winning ways with the ladies ?

Jezz
27-06-06, 22:17
Hiya. :hi:

Supradan
27-06-06, 22:18
Hi lucy and welcome:)

SupraStar 3000
27-06-06, 22:26
ooowww,... another supra babe :)

Nice pics Lucy,
Good luck with the Supra hunt :)

Ewen
27-06-06, 22:27
Watch out, theres a WSB2 about....
Three pages

Jezz
27-06-06, 22:27
ooowww,... another supra babe :)

Nice pics Lucy,
Good luck with the Supra hunt :)
Took you 15 minutes to post that. What were you doing? ;) :d

black cat
27-06-06, 22:29
hello...... i still have my silver saxo.. dont let them take the piss too much:)

Lewis
27-06-06, 22:30
Took you 15 minutes to post that. What were you doing? ;) :d

Thinking of a reason to post again :rolleyes:

colsoop
27-06-06, 22:33
Welcome to the club. we are a friendly bunch :friends: some more so than others. ;)

mattanna
27-06-06, 22:34
As i have said to many people looking for a supra, i have an n/a auto 1995 for sale on mkiv cars on this site with 1 year m.o.t and 11 months tax, which is mint and needs nothing doing to it, it is silver, it has been recommended by Lucipher on here who is one of the most respected traders. I n buying a supra you have running costs of fuel, which is about 18-20 mpg, your insurance sounds good, and then usual costs such as m.o.t., tyres and wearable parts i.e brakes, a disk and pad change is about 250 per axle and a yearly service about 300, as far as n/a(normally aspirated as opposed to turbocharged) there is little to go wrong so long as suspension etc is ok, there are a lot for sale from traders and importers ON AUTOTRADER most of which have not been properly sorted, please have a look at mkiv cars for sale on here, there are a good few for sale, impervious also ha an n/a auto for sale as well as a few others, you will be lucky to find a better car than from a member on here, so please feel free to come and look and make an offer, ps welcome to club
best wishes
MATT

supra dan
27-06-06, 22:53
hi lucy, make sure you get a good one you will have no problems, they are great cars. just watch for the rear wheel drive can catch out the unwary in the wet.

gaz1
27-06-06, 23:07
welcome lucy, as said before best place to buy one is the forum as will be looked after, and love the car pm me with spec and price plz, as my boy has just had a ding in his:blink:

markymark
27-06-06, 23:16
:hello: :welcome:

Feakins
27-06-06, 23:20
Hey, i'm from Surrey too, have to drive through to Crawley everyday. Have you ever seen a black one around Gatwick? Used to have a 106 too, can look quite nice just mine always broke down on me!

markssupra
27-06-06, 23:38
Hi there and :welcome: Lucy. Nice pics and good luck with the search. :)

black cat
28-06-06, 00:03
the pug needs slamming girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get it sorted.... it needs to scrape on every speed bump.... mine does and it looks great..:blink:

Lucy
28-06-06, 00:04
Hiya thanks everyone for your warm welcomes :) and advice etc am going to start the hunt for a supra now
If anyone wants to point me in the right direction if selling wink wink then please feel free to pm me.
I am pref looking to sell mine privately or would part ex for the right amount.
By the way I am a paid member yipieeeee

Lucy
28-06-06, 00:06
Hey, i'm from Surrey too, have to drive through to Crawley everyday. Have you ever seen a black one around Gatwick? Used to have a 106 too, can look quite nice just mine always broke down on me!

Nope havent seen one I had seen a black one today which was local that I test drove but first one I have ever driven and not really sure what I should be looking out for, it seemed to drive nicely though.
:)

Now you know what my pug looks like you can look out for me on the road lol.

black cat
28-06-06, 00:06
Hiya thanks everyone for your warm welcomes :) and advice etc am going to start the hunt for a supra now
If anyone wants to point me in the right direction if selling wink wink then please feel free to pm me.
I am pref looking to sell mine privately or would part ex for the right amount.
By the way I am a paid member yipieeeee

id try yours on the pug sport forum first, your not gona get much part ex,

will the sup be an every day car?? if not keep the pug.. it keeps the dirt of the sup:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lucy
28-06-06, 00:07
the pug needs slamming girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get it sorted.... it needs to scrape on every speed bump.... mine does and it looks great..:blink:

Yeh only went 35m down but on the best suspension you can get for pugs full bilstein front and rear suspension kit and torsion bar lowered so it still drives really nice too.

Bobbeh
28-06-06, 00:09
:welcome: The Pug looks clean :)

stupra
28-06-06, 00:09
Welcome Lucy, hope you find what your after. Just dont try an park the soop in the same gaps that your used to. :)

black cat
28-06-06, 00:10
Yeh only went 35m down but on the best suspension you can get for pugs full bilstein front and rear suspension kit and torsion bar lowered so it still drives really nice too.

ok ill let you off, i went down 60mm on the saxo and put 16s on it in my boy racer days.. i still drive it day to day and its a bit too impractical. oops

Lucy
28-06-06, 00:22
Welcome Lucy, hope you find what your after. Just dont try an park the soop in the same gaps that your used to. :)
mmm yeh thats a good point lol will take me a while to get used to the fact I cant see the front of the front bumper too well lol

Green Peace
28-06-06, 04:53
Welcome Lucy...come along to the Fairmile in Cobham..its the first Tuesday of the Month.

You will get to see lots of Supras some really ugly blokes (apart from me that is) and some lovely girls.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Also worth checking the Supras for sale section on here...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Hope this helps..

Si

how_supra
28-06-06, 07:40
Hello lucy, welcome to the club. :clap:

KatieC
28-06-06, 07:42
Hiya welcome to the forum...... :D

sooper-supra
28-06-06, 07:56
:welcome:

IDO
28-06-06, 08:44
Hi,
Welcome..
think there are a few members on here round crawley way.. (have a look in the "was it you" section as i know there is one in three bridges).
I bought my supe' from a dealer in crawley he mainly does drift stuff but he had the one supra and i had it off him!

You can't go far wrong buying of a member or a trader from here, you know the motor will be well looked after!

P.s where did you get the insurance quote from?

Darren
28-06-06, 08:44
Welcome :)

Ive got a Supra and a 106. Are you after a TT or an NA specifically? Alot of people buy an NA and spend time wishing theyd got a TT so think about it before you dive in!!!

edd_t
28-06-06, 09:50
Hello :D

supradibbs
28-06-06, 10:06
hey Lucy yes am local and i work at the airport,i know Chris at rising sun very well very nice guy if i can be off any help or want someone to view a supra just give me a shout :)

Lucy
28-06-06, 10:25
hey Lucy yes am local and i work at the airport,i know Chris at rising sun very well very nice guy if i can be off any help or want someone to view a supra just give me a shout :)

Thanks Guys for your welcomes :) and help

Supradibbs yep if your local would love someone to come and view a car with me that knows what they should be looking for.

I think I would rather go for a non turbo as I think this would be safer for me in the wet, having not much experience of rear wheel drive cars.

Nic
28-06-06, 10:45
Welcome to the club Lucy :thumbs:

supradibbs
28-06-06, 11:04
Thanks Guys for your welcomes :) and help

Supradibbs yep if your local would love someone to come and view a car with me that knows what they should be looking for.

I think I would rather go for a non turbo as I think this would be safer for me in the wet, having not much experience of rear wheel drive cars.
no problem my number is in my sig there is a red na for sale near here on the forum and the seller is after a quick sale could get your self a bargin

Lucy
28-06-06, 11:55
Thanks for that :)

Right been onto insurance companies again this morning as got some online quotes they are not very accurate are they lol. If anyone can recoomend any insurers that have been cheap for you especially if your younger than me please post them up.
I phoned the sky ins group as recommended on here I originally had an online quote for a car at 415.15
This wasnt correct as they didnt take into account it could be an import which unfortunately makes a difference.
With Sky ins it will be aprox 541.00 and I have full no claims etc and am 28 so if you are younger or of similar age and your ins is lower than that please let me know who you are with :)
Then I can start the hunt for the new car properly lol and look to sell mine.
:D

supradibbs
28-06-06, 11:59
well thats a good price to be honest you will pay pretty much the same insurance wise for a tt as you will for a na so if you can afford the tt i would go that route

the only other way is to get a a uk spec at 27 was paying about 650 fully comp for a bpu import supra alot more now its single

Lucy
28-06-06, 12:06
well thats a good price to be honest you will pay pretty much the same insurance wise for a tt as you will for a na so if you can afford the tt i would go that route

the only other way is to get a a uk spec at 27 was paying about 650 fully comp for a bpu import supra alot more now its single

Hiya thanks for info I asked the ins co if a tt would make much differrence they thought it would make the ins higher so prob best off sticking to non turbo for now ;)
Sorry not to familiar with all the specs etc where could I get a uk spec at a good price from any recommendations :) Cheers
Its really knowing what to go for ins company wise as well as which car to choose and where to get it from so in a different area to what I have driven before so really need pointing in the right directions lol sorry hee hee hee. I have read up on and know so much about my current car have to start all over again now and learn about the supra ting is there are so may different models :search: :blink:

MR.B
28-06-06, 17:32
Hiya thanks for info I asked the ins co if a tt would make much differrence they thought it would make the ins higher so prob best off sticking to non turbo for now ;)
Sorry not to familiar with all the specs etc where could I get a uk spec at a good price from any recommendations :) Cheers
If you're going for an n/a (non turbo) it will be a J-Spec - all UK models were TT's. :)

Tom S
28-06-06, 17:33
:Popcorn:

Steve
28-06-06, 23:42
Bit late but :welcome:

Nice pics by the way :innocent:

Ewen
29-06-06, 00:16
I was wrong....five pages:)

Feakins
29-06-06, 00:20
Nope havent seen one I had seen a black one today which was local that I test drove but first one I have ever driven and not really sure what I should be looking out for, it seemed to drive nicely though.
:)

Now you know what my pug looks like you can look out for me on the road lol.

Yep will look out for your pug and toot if I see you.

Lucy
29-06-06, 08:49
Yep will look out for your pug and toot if I see you.

Cool lol will look out for you too but no way will try and race you lol pug versus supra mmmmmmm:d lol

Lucy
03-07-06, 10:32
Hiya

Right been doing some research but I am so stuck realy dont know what to do prob asking the wrong people here for an un biast answer lol. But I know these two cars are completely different to one another but I still have the worry about controling the supra even non turbo ita a big car lol. So trying to decide from safety and drivabilty point from my side Supra or FTO. I know you will all say Supra lol If only there was one which had some safety feature for under 6000 to stop back end going out and I would be able to make my choice. I have been told it can cost a fair bit to have race traction control fitted is there anyone out there who knows how to do it that would be willing to lend a hand for a nice cuppa tea lol I know its a long shot but worth asking lol. Also where can you get this from recommended links please with prices!!! :)
Also anyone with this on their car could you let me know what its like to drive even in wet does it stop back end from swinging out??

Wish they made one with that as standard instead of traction control that cuts out the engine ahhhh.

SupraStar 3000
03-07-06, 10:38
Buy a NA Supra and invest in some decent tyres (I recommend Eagle F1s) and the back end shouldn't give you any problems.

Ian W
03-07-06, 10:42
Buy a NA Supra and invest in some decent tyres (I recommend Eagle F1s) and the back end shouldn't give you any problems.

:yeahthat:

i drove from Glasgow to Inverness last night in the pouring rain for half of it and still managed to set a new record time for that journey.

god bless Eagle F1s :innocent:

Mike
03-07-06, 10:45
You don't need traction control on an N/A... TT you will! :)

Supragal
03-07-06, 10:55
Welcome :)

Lucy
03-07-06, 11:31
Dont suppose you know how much a set of those would set me back where would I get them from?

imi
03-07-06, 11:37
Dont suppose you know how much a set of those would set me back where would I get them from?

try mytyres.net

I paid 330 for two rears from a local shop and that included 4Wheel Alignment

BTW: size matters with tyres ;)