The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some pics with HIDs

Guest ascari_2

Guest ascari_2
04+ T L?

On second through, you guys might not get these cars as TLs, but I'm talking about Acura/Honda TL.

http://www.generalcar.com/images/acura%20tl.jpg

Hi

I thought you weren't local when I saw those pics , I've seen your posts on Hid Planet. :)

I've got my S2000 projectors, the ballasts and everything else ready to do my retrofit.

But I hardly ever drive in the dark so haven't bothered doing it yet.

Guest ascari_2
Hi

I thought you weren't local when I saw those pics , I've seen your posts on Hid Planet. :)

I've got my S2000 projectors, the ballasts and everything else ready to do my retrofit.

But I hardly ever drive in the dark so haven't bothered doing it yet.

Get ready for a few days of very hard work. But I wish you luck.

Guest ascari_2

The HIDs are increadable and do light up the road better then I could ever hope for. As for the amount of work involved, there is quiet a lot. I ended up picking the TL projectors which are bi-xenon and are very large. The MKIV housing on the other hand is quiet small. I had to fabricate new brackets that hold the projector and the reflector in place and do a bit of cutting on the bottom of the headlight. If I had to do the retro again I would not pick the TLs but rather use the TSX (or I think you guys just get them as an Accord) projectors. Non bi-xenon and just a slight bit less brigter, but smaller and much easier to work on.

As for the difference between an HID kit and a real retrofit, here are some pics.

This is a HID kit:

This is a real HID projector:

Again HID kit:

This is stock and the HID projectors: