The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Private plate

Matt H

Ive spent the last months and a bit looking for a private plate for my supra but i carnt find anything worth buying. so on the off chance i was wondering if anyone knows of anything decent going or has any recommendations to follow the following:

- price bracket not much more than £1k but maybe a little more depending on how good it is

- anything relevant to my name or the supra etc.

e.g mat / matt / holt (my last name)

- nothing arrogant like "big" etc

-if its something to do with a supra, then it would have to be something that people can regonise, not TRD that most people wont have a clue about.

- My cars a 96 P so would have to be a P or earlier or a cherised plate (you know the none dated ones)

Thanks

Matt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a grand on a number plate? are you crazy?!

don't tell me there's nothing else you want for your Supra and a number plate is the last thing it needs......

Yeah but i decent plate with your name on it will last you until they dont make cars anymore so i dont think a grand is that bad. Plates can go for hundreds of thosands for the best ones, a grand is at the bottom of the market!

Yeah but i decent plate with your name on it will last you until they dont make cars anymore so i dont think a grand is that bad. Plates can go for hundreds of thosands for the best ones, a grand is at the bottom of the market!

i'd sooner have a new set of wheels for my cash rather than a couple of pieces of plastic mate. just my opinion though.

Id pick wheels over a plate anyday but ive got some gorgeous wheels so that bits covered!

lucky you ;)

interior retrim?

uk brakes?

new suspension?

renew all other suspension components (bushes etc)?

n/a-t/ bpu /bpu+ / single? (money towards anyway)

gotta be something!

You tried the DVLA Matt ?, thats where i looked when i was gonna buy one, you can choose any three letters after the prefix you choose, an they're cheaper than the other plate people.

Yeah the DVLA was the first place i went, they only have Y reg "MAT" plates left! :( gutted

i'd sooner have a new set of wheels for my cash rather than a couple of pieces of plastic mate. just my opinion though.

Not being funny mate, but sometimes if you havent got anything constructive to say, its sometimes better to not say anything at all, you get me, sorry just didnt see the point in your posts........ ;) :cool:

Matt, there was a nice plate for sale on here the other day which I quite liked, bloke only wanted £140 for it, it was M3 3L TT or ME 3L TT, I thought it was dirt cheap for what it is, the new owner is on here, he might be willing to part with it if you liked it.

I have M55 ASH, as Ash is my name, I paid £1300 for that, after all thats what the previous owner put it up for, their only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I was. The best one I have ever seen was F1 ASH, but I havent got a spare £90,000 for that *gulp*

Yeah Plates are cool, Ive got J3DY T= Jody Taylor :D

See if you can get M4TT H, although i reckon thatll be expensive, I think i got lucky, mine cost £500 2 years ago..

Not being funny mate, but sometimes if you havent got anything constructive to say, its sometimes better to not say anything at all, you get me, sorry just didnt see the point in your posts........ ;) :cool:

okay, i take your point with this one and i probably should have left it well alone. i assume however, that by posts you meant more than one.

would you mind telling me which others you found non-constructive? :cool:

Yeah Plates are cool, Ive got J3DY T= Jody Taylor :D

See if you can get M4TT H, although i reckon thatll be expensive, I think i got lucky, mine cost £500 2 years ago..

Thats an awesome plate, £500 is dirt cheap for that! M4tt H was avaliable on another site but i think it was up for something like 50K!!

Matt, there was a nice plate for sale on here the other day which I quite liked, bloke only wanted £140 for it, it was M3 3L TT or ME 3L TT, I thought it was dirt cheap for what it is, the new owner is on here, he might be willing to part with it if you liked it.

I have M55 ASH, as Ash is my name, I paid £1300 for that, after all thats what the previous owner put it up for, their only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I was. The best one I have ever seen was F1 ASH, but I havent got a spare £90,000 for that *gulp*

90k, thats silly money. your plate is awesome, wish i could get something like M55 MAT, but alas..... so far so bad!

lucky you ;)

interior retrim?

uk brakes?

new suspension?

renew all other suspension components (bushes etc)?

n/a-t/ bpu /bpu+ / single? (money towards anyway)

gotta be something!

Interior is leather and its gorgeous

UK brakes, not sure if i have or havent but i my brakes are fine.

suspension is sorted

BPU is sorted. Dont want anymore power yet. only had my TT for 2 months and going from 160bhp to 400 is a huge step.

number plate would be fine!

a grand on a number plate? are you crazy?!

don't tell me there's nothing else you want for your Supra and a number plate is the last thing it needs......

The first one I think your'll agree is not constructive and even though the second one might not be as bad, he's not asking what you would rather do with the money, or what your personal opinion is, he wants to know people thoughts on which number plate, just the way I see it dude..... ;) :cool:

This link is maybe worth a look - or a change of surname ;) I think it looks good & the guy has 100% feedback - hope it helps!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Matt-Matthew-Matty-Number-Plate-Private-Reg-Cherished_W0QQitemZ6634818742QQihZ012QQcategoryZ421QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that is a good plate and good price, just no sure what i could pass the V as?

Mk V supra!!!