The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Admiral insurance: Cr@p advert, good prices!

leelbuk

Just had a quote from Admiral insurance, multicar quote, and was definately quoted happy!!

I'm 23, 3 yrs NCB and they want £660 :blink: for my j-spec Supra TT, protected no claims, fully comp etc... and £390 for a Rover 220 Turbo Diesel (new shape) as my runaround & commuter, again fully comp.

This sounds too good to be true considering last year I couldn't even get insured on a Twin Turbo.

Has anyone here had any dealings with them and this 'multicar' option

just want to make sure I can still gain proper No Claims bonus etc before I consider this.

I mean £660 fully comp at 23 on a TT!! May be the cheapest insurance quote ever for a driver my age!

That can't be right.

I'm 41 and Admiral quoted me £744 for a 93 J-spec auto with after market body kit, wheels and exhaust. 7 years No Claims, not protected. Clean license etc

I bet they've quoted you for a MKIII Supra.

well beat this lancaster insurance said to me with my kit etc and iv just turned 21 i have a jap spec tt i have 3 points for careless driving and iv used my no claims on my other car so that means i have no claims bonus for the supe and they quoted me 1400 fully comp and im allowed to do 2000 miles a year:d

prob quoted you for a uk spec - i would double check everything!

if that me than im 100% sure she even said to me its for my rz facelift jap tt i told her everything and that was her quote it was at first 2000 but i told her im not going to be driving the supe much as its not a everyday car and then she said if i do 2000 miles a year in the supe i can pay 1400 a year fully comp:p

Mate that quote is no where near enough. Last year (at 23) i paid 1400 for my TT J-spec with elephant, the only company that would even touch me on a j-spec. I tried admiral and they told me that id have to be 25. They must have got the wrong car, either a MkIII or a UK spec supra maybe. Double and triple check the details before going ahead.

Mate that quote is no where near enough. Last year (at 23) i paid 1400 for my TT J-spec with elephant, the only company that would even touch me on a j-spec. I tried admiral and they told me that id have to be 25. They must have got the wrong car, either a MkIII or a UK spec supra maybe. Double and triple check the details before going ahead.

is that to me?

I wouldn't touch the Admiral group with a barge pole, I was insured with them the first year I had my car. They made countless admin mistakes, including cancelling my insurance (with no warning) because they missed the obvious fact that I had paid in full months before :rolleyes:

Another (ex) member had a nightmare when it came to legitimately claiming for an accident off them.

As mentioned above, I would be very mindful that they have your car insured correctly.

i'm covered by elephant, and for ten months cover it's £800. thats fully comp, at 22, no points, 4 years ncd, on my jspec tt an i was pretty happy with that, year before was £1000, thats doin 8000k a year as well. and it does state on my cert that it's a jspec tt cuz i thought it was too good!

Sorry been away, took some time to get back from work.

I was expecting some of these comments earlier but just to clear things up a bit.

1) At the moment I am with Tescos and paying £800 per year, 23 yrs old, 3 yrs NCB. I did this over the phone and I know it is insured as a Mk4 as I made sure they knew that over the phone as well as it was a j-spec import. Using this ballpark figure I can now expect other companies to insure me for a similar price e.g. £660 isn't too far from £800, granted it is a difference of £140.

2) See this pic of Admiral to show you that it is a 1994 j-spec import (it must be a MkIV as it shows up manufacturing dates between 1993-2001)

http://www.leelb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Admiral2.jpg

For people paying too much (e.g. 30+ yrs with 3yrs+ NCB for £900+) It could be a consequence of the occupation you specified.

e.g. If I tell admiral that I am unemployed instead of a professional then the price almost DOUBLES!!! So your occupation obviously makes a key difference!

As i posted on another thread and deffo for a SZ:

I'm 26 with 6yrs no claims - best quote i could get on my NA last year with Adrian Flux was £755 protected. I recently got my renewal through £780!!! They added a £25 renewal charge?!! Never seen one of those before!

Anyway started looking around for another insurer, thought i'd give Elephant another go since i heard a rumor that they now insure NAs. £495 protected!

It gets better - they phoned me the next day and to win my business they lopped another £40 off - £455

Downside is in the event of an accident they will only return my car to the manufacturers original spec, but since the only mods i have are alloys i'm willing to take that risk.

I see. I think I'll keep mods to a minimum then til I can afford another insurer (I take it Sky insure against the modifications then?)

Til then I think I will go as far as BPU. Still, no matter what I get to drive such an awesome car as standard, don't really need to modify it!

Thanks for that bit of critical info locky!