The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just re-insured supra

ManwithSupra

feck me i am on the phone to lancaster on hold because he says all gz supras are aero,s i said mine is not he said can i check the filter to be sure, jeez he did,nt no that the aero is the roof, he has now told me they don,t insure gz supras, that are not aero,s wtf

right i have always thought my car is a gz auto could i be wrong

What's the model code on your VIN plate Gaz?

GZ hardtop Autos are code ALPZZ

AJPQZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       4sp Auto        Aerotop         RZ  
AJPZZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       4sp Auto        Aerotop         GZ  
ALFQZ   2JZGTE  9305-0207       6sp Manual      Liftback        RZ  
ALFVZ   2JZGTE  9505-0207       6sp Manual      Liftback        RZS 
ALFZZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       6sp Manual      Liftback        GZ  
ALPQZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       4sp Auto        Liftback        RZ  
ALPVZ   2JZGTE  9505-0207       4sp Auto        Liftback        RZS 
ALPZZ   2JZGTE  9305-9605       4sp Auto        Liftback        GZ  

I was told by Lancaster that my quote was "very good for a Subaru"!

lol i got quoted from them on my 3 litre twin turbo jap spec with 3 points and no claims bonus for 1400 fully comp and my brother has a subaru and hes 23 2 yrs n/b but they couldnt insure him:blink:

I'm 27 with 2 years no claims, with no convictions or penalty points.

I have a 1995 RZ TT with some minor upgrade, Suspension, induction, 18" Sebring Split Rims etc...

Wen't through club insurer (Sky Insurance) Fully Comp and agreed value of £12,000, with all mods declared, for £750:) . My previous insurer (Elephant) on a 1.6 Peugeot 206 were charging me £500:blink: . I couldn't believe it. Most other insurance companies were way off target with figures such as £1500 etc etc etc:search:

I have to confess I got some other quotes close to Sky Insurances however the thing that swung it for me was the agreed value!!! I feel soooo much better knowning I have it. Additionally I was able to speak to the same person every time I called, even through the general office number, now thats service.

I'm 27 with 2 years no claims, with no convictions or penalty points.

I have a 1995 RZ TT with some minor upgrade, Suspension, induction, 18" Sebring Split Rims etc...

Wen't through club insurer (Sky Insurance) Fully Comp and agreed value of £12,000, with all mods declared, for £750:) .

WTF? I'm 35 with 2yrs NCB, no mods as yet and they still want 940-odd. What a pisser.

What's the model code on your VIN plate Gaz?

GZ hardtop Autos are code ALPZZ

AJPQZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       4sp Auto        Aerotop         RZ  
AJPZZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       4sp Auto        Aerotop         GZ  
ALFQZ   2JZGTE  9305-0207       6sp Manual      Liftback        RZ  
ALFVZ   2JZGTE  9505-0207       6sp Manual      Liftback        RZS 
ALFZZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       6sp Manual      Liftback        GZ  
ALPQZ   2JZGTE  9305-9505       4sp Auto        Liftback        RZ  
ALPVZ   2JZGTE  9505-0207       4sp Auto        Liftback        RZS 
ALPZZ   2JZGTE  9305-9605       4sp Auto        Liftback        GZ  

my cars away for another 2 weeks so cannot look

feck me i am on the phone to lancaster on hold because he says all gz supras are aero,s i said mine is not he said can i check the filter to be sure, jeez he did,nt no that the aero is the roof, he has now told me they don,t insure gz supras, that are not aero,s wtf

what he basically means is its not on his system, probably close to finishing time too for him, phone back and speak to someone different at the end of the month when they give a shit and are trying to meet their targets!

Is anyone with Admiral? I managed to get a quote online no probs from them, but I'm using their multicar policy now which means I have to phone up (the person on the other end never seems to understand!) They had me insured on an SZ... phoned up to change it, and for the Manual TT import the girl on the phone said they only go up to '93, so insured it as just a TT so I could have it as a '96 - which gave me a refund of £80 over the previous SZ :rolleyes: so I'm guessing they've now got me insured on a UK spec!

Like I said, everything was correct online when I did it, including the 2997cc engine size, so just wondering if anyone else has managed to get insured with Admiral on a Manual TT Import?

Edit: Just found this thread... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=73261 ...I need to keep phoning them :rolleyes: