The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car had a respray, now it's having a respray!!!

Bill Prawn

No you never read it wrong.

When the car came back from Envy it had some 'issues'.

These were not all picked up when I was at their place as it had been delayed at the valeter's, thus making me late leaving for the four hour journey.

A quick look did pick up a number of little niggles and Gareth and Kevin said to let them know and they will see what can be done.

Having finally got home, the car was put to bed. Next day I had a good look around and was extremely displeased by what I found. I won't list all items but needless to say it was not good, including broken bodywork, overspray and the finish on the paintwork was poor.

I mailed Envy with the full list and eventually after a lot of toing and froing they sent a letter to the resprayer giving him seven days to put the matters right.

After a week Envy informed me that the painter had 'just got the letter' and he would get back to them.

Well another week passed and Gareth contacted me yesterday (June 26th) to say that Envy will have the car resprayed by another bodyshop and will endeavour to put right the wrongs that also occured.

Although this has taken a matter of time (I collected the car on 25th May) I think we are coming to a conclusion and I am sure the end result will be closer to what Envy and myself expected in the first place.

There are many other bits that I could have put in here but did not feel the need to on a public forum, which is also why I put this in chat and not members only, because I believe neither Envy nor myself have nothing to hide from in this matter.

As of this moment I have paid for a job that is not of the standard I expected and so has Envy to the painter. They are chasing him now for reimbursement, but if they don't get it they are putting their money where their mouth is and funding the complete respray. Both Gareth and Kevin are adamant that they want the best for their customers and if this resolves matters then I think they have kept their word.

Please feel free to ask any questions, either here or by pm, if I feel an answer to a pm should be on the site I will put it here unless you request otherwise.

Cheers

Tim

sounds like they are dealing with it in a customer focused manner, so why post it?

EDIT - that sounded negative, I didn't mean it like that. It just seems a bit provocative to post it up here when they are obviously sorting it out for you

sounds like they are dealing with it in a customer focused manner, so why post it?

Because exactly that.

Too many people slag off on here before waiting to see if the matter can be resolved.

I could have done that and might not have got the same result.

I never once said anything bad about the work and even posted up pics to show what had been done.

I think it is about time that a trader was given a pat on the back for after-sales service if they have made a mistake and are prepared to put it right.

:)

Because exactly that.

Too many people slag off on here before waiting to see if the matter can be resolved.

I could have done that and might not have got the same result.

I never once said anything bad about the work and even posted up pics to show what had been done.

I think it is about time that a trader was given a pat on the back for after-sales service if they have made a mistake and are prepared to put it right.

:)

Sorry, that wasn't clear to me from your post because of the points raised about the time taken to get it sorted (which I thought was not a bad timeframe).

I might have misunderstood because it was in text rather than spoken with emotion.

Yeah that! Shit happens and its hows traders deal with it afterwards that matters the most, they way it looks is that Envy were let down by one of there sprayers they use and have taken the work somehere else to be corrected, either way you wont be paying for the Respray. That is what your saying yeah?

If thats the case, then im also lost to why you have posted this? or is it to highlight that Envy are very well customer focused?

ok just read the previous posts, im a bit slow, im with the ball now ;)

If thats the case, then im also lost to why you have posted this? or is it to highlight that Envy are very well customer focused?

Exactly that, all to often the vultures circle if something is wrong and I know if I had said anything about this a month ago the knives would have been out.

It seems like what Alex said has an ounce of truth in it.:(

I can see now why Envy is not using their sprayer anymore what with your car and Micheals' both having issues.

Nice to see a trader stand by their reputation and go the extra yard to resolves matters. And good for you for getting it sorted as it should be, between you and them and not subjected to "trial by forum".

It was a sprayer called "The Wizard", who painted Albundys TRD car, and several other Supras.

Gaz.

I think i would have been instantly dubious of a bloke calling himself a Wizard ;) :p

Tis good that his mess is being cleaned up.. :thumbs: