The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinkin of buyin a Supra

Guest zig_uk

Guest zig_uk

Hi All

Thinkin of buying a Supra but not sure which model to go for, There seem to be lots of different types, RZ SZ GZ TT !!!!!

At the moment drivin a Soarer TT so I dont wanna down grade and get something much slower any Advice on best supra to go for?

Is there much difference between the manual or the Auto?

Performance wise how is the 3.0i compared to the TT?

Thanks

Zig

Hi All

Thinkin of buying a Supra but not sure which model to go for, There seem to be lots of different types, RZ SZ GZ TT !!!!!

At the moment drivin a Soarer TT so I dont wanna down grade and get something much slower any Advice on best supra to go for?

Is there much difference between the manual or the Auto?

Performance wise how is the 3.0i compared to the TT?

Thanks

Zig

GZ is top spec, you have to go turbo and Manual and Auto is pretty much a preferance thing in my opinion.

Hi, and welcome.

In my opinion, if you've already got a Soarer TT, an N/A isn't going to excite you performance wise.

Manual and auto is a bit more difficult to define.

Manual cars always "feel" faster, but get the two side by side, and in the hands of non professional drivers, auto cars nearly always have the edge over the quarter mile.

TBH, theres not really a lot in it, the auto 'box on the Supra is well suited to the car and makes for a lot more relaxed drive in town. It really depends on the type of journeys you intend doing.

If you're going to use the car as an everyday commuter and expect to do a fair amount of heavy traffic driving, then I'd go for the auto. If your journeys are mainly on motorways, or traffic free (does that exist anymore? :() A and B roads then you may be more suited to the manual.

If you're thinking of trackdays, then most keen track drivers seem to prefer manuals. Horses for courses really.

I've got an auto and I really don't miss the manual aspect of it (driving around South London/Surrey :() unless I'm in a particularly lairy mood and then I've got the other toy (for Bobbeh's benefit ;)) as long as it starts :D