The mkiv Supra Owners Club

She's left me :(

Lewis

Well, after a short but sweet relationship (doing all the things that a perfectly paired duo should do), I stood and watched her leave today.

Yep, Mertoc has left oxford to join the foreigners, north of the border in bonnie scotland.

A sad day.......................:cry:

Did you get a good price for it m8

Mine is up for sale now as im also after a tt:) :)

I set myself a clear boundary on what I would accept and it was within that boundary so I am happy in that respect.

I still think it was better than 80-90% out there (having seen some real dogs up at silly prices) but she has gone to a good home and a new member gets to experience her now.

cough cough

i'll be the same when the FTO goes, sure we'll both be stood there waving!

She'll stay pretty much as she is, i might try to get a handbrake cover and a new gear lever, maybe a wheel as those are the only bits that really make the inside look used otherwise the centre console is in great condition.

I'll deffo be cleaning the inside of the screen though heh

Apart from that i won't be doing anything other than washing and polishing her. Small rust bubble on passenger wing where it meets the bumper so that will get sorted asap.

Oh and a new band expander since i'll be wanting to listen to something other than wogan!

I'll be joining the club at the end of the month as i'm a tad skint for obvious reasons! Looking forward to meeting a load of new peeps and the rest of the scottish owners.

Car really is a credit to Lewis and Pete.

m.

Congrats Martin!

Hope its everything you wanted, certainly was for me. Shame it's gone a bit far from me - hopefully I'll see it again. I insisted on visitation rights when I sold it to Lewis but didn't get chance to enforce them! :)

I assume you bought it with all the mods?

yes he did (git) :D

Can't wait to see if/when he fits the TRD HID's. First in the UK I think if he does.

Martin - still waiting to speak to emin about the radio. Will do asap.

really busy at the moment with work so apologies for being slow, haven't been on that much.

No worries guys the car is fabby!

Sorted the radio out - it isn't a car issue it is simply a radio issue. I thought the band expander needed to be fitted to the electric ariel end but it is just if you have a jap radio. That explains why it was only getting radio 2!

Nice Kenwood unit in there now though and is currently the envy of the office car park.

Had the radio professionally fitted but do have a funny knock from the front this morning particularly over rough ground/turning, like something is swining about behind the glovebox so need to find out if they moved something when they put the radio in or if the sub bolts want tightening.

Apart from that excellent stuff. The mods Lewis made with the blue leds look great at night and the handling is spot on (which is why i am not convinced knock is suspension).

Pete, you don't know if the car is lowered at all and by how much do you? Just wondering as the ride is very smooth not the go kart crash you get with a lot of custom suspension!

m.