The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Window Tints

ross

Hey guys. Thinking of tinting the widows on my soop. Any thoughts? Anyone know where I stand with the law? Whats legal, what isn't?

Also, was talking to a guy last night who said he was speaking to a guy who had 20s on his tt supra. The guy said that when he floored it, the wheel span in the tyre. Anyone heard anything like this or was he talking sh1te?

Hey guys. Thinking of tinting the widows on my soop. Any thoughts? Anyone know where I stand with the law? Whats legal, what isn't?

Also, was talking to a guy last night who said he was speaking to a guy who had 20s on his tt supra. The guy said that when he floored it, the wheel span in the tyre. Anyone heard anything like this or was he talking sh1te?

i think tinted windows make the car look really good. check out my tints in my garage theres a few pics. i bought it with no tints but got it done straight away think it looks alot better.

the legal limit is that it must let in about 65% of light, meaning your front windows cant be more than 35% tinted. although mine are slightly darker than the legal limit, the police dont really hassle me. been pulled once only but they took more interest in the car and didnt pursue matters. i drive my car daily and go past alot of police and never get stopped for them.

The legal limit is 75% light transmission on front windscreen & 70% on drivers & passengers windows. There's no limit for the back windows.

If you look at factory tint windows these are around the legal limit.

VOSA are doing roadside checks with their tint meter & issuing fixed penalties for those that fail.