The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Santa Pod today

samsupra37

As peeps have been asking....Gregs times were not hot but we have put in a new set up which does seem to hold him on the track .......at least until.......

he burnt the new clutch so at this moment in time he is back at the workshop being a busy bee with the help of Ian and Wayne replacing it with....yes you guess my new clutch plates......Oh well for a good cause!!!! (I hope).:p

Tomorrow morning Pete from Thor is going to advance the ignition on the AEM which could give us an extra 100 bhp as we are running the car on Klotz. So it will be interesting to see if everything goes without a hitch tomorrow.......if not as James said in a previous thread it will run 10s or the engine will expire with a bang.........:)

Look forward to seeing you all there........sorry but I don't have a kettle on site so the tea is off....unless you are buying that is;)

See you all tomorrow

Well dropped the box last night and Oh what a mess.

The inside of the bell housing looked like a war zone bits of metal eveywhere.

Seems the power had obilterated the release bearing, shims and c-clip.

Even more bad news was to greet us as we looked at the box, a 7 inch crack from the top of the bellhousing right down to the inspection hatch:(

Ok so it's 9pm on Saturday evening what do we do ?

Being clever we looked at nicking Sams new clutch and taking her box:) not to be :( all wrong will not fit mine, would need to find there and then re-modded bellhousing, smaller release bearing and starter.

Ok back to plan B, Chemical metal for the crack ( No welder around to weld) re-built release bearing ( out of the old bits lying around the workshop) and a c-clip of off Wayne's old clutch still lying around as he had still not taken it away.

So 10.40pm box and clutch in, car off the ramp, started the car pushed down the clutch and surprize it worked, drove the car out onto the trailer.

Really have no idea if it will all hold together for today but we all have our fingers crossed :blink:

So my only hope for today is please if it all goes Pete Tong that I do not leave a pile of bits on the track and cause hassel and down time for eveyone.

In a way I am saying sorry now.

well am completly fu**ed got back to gregs 11:00 with the car finished and back on the trailor so its ready for greg to abuse some more today:p if everything goes well i fully epect some great times from it today the car is looking and running very well and gregs launches are looking better every run

so fingers crossed and hope to see you guys later

SLIPPING That has to be the under statement of the year so far.

Done the first run this morning on the bodged cluch and as I changed in to 2nd WHAM the revs shot sky hi and no more forward motion dropped into 3rd and then managed to coax it to the finish.

Jacked the car up in the pits and looked through the inspection plate and found that again the bloodly C-Clip on the release bearing had destoryed its self again and smashed the bearing.

So what to do ? go home or keep running until the thing went bang completely.

No we stayed and filled the clutch with SAND:)

Ok so here we are with a clutch full of sand, turned the boost down to 1bar and went out for another run, car was shit off the line but the sand helped the clutch bite as I got into 2nd and made an 11.6 et @ 130.8mph

So made it through to the qtr final and came up against Kev in the Envy Supra, again chucked in more sand and went to the line, dumped the clutch at 5k and slip,slip,slip then bang she bit like a hungry wolf and I was off, Kev was already 3 car lengths in front and I was catching up fast the clutch was bite,slip,bite then suddenly we were side by side and over the line, I ran 11.88 @ 129.8 and Kev ran 12.08 @117 but although I went through the finish first by the time our reactions times were taken into account Kev took the the win and through to the semi's, spoke to Kev back at the pit's and he told me that he saw me still on the line and so backed off so as to keep the car sweet for the next round, and suddenly saw me right behind him so he had to put the power on again :)

All in all a pretty bad weekend for the car but we had a good laugh and was really pleased to meet a lot of you who came to see us both in the pit's and on the Turbofit stand.

Also Well done Kev and the Envy crew nice to see a Supra take the Pro Shoot out Win.

Big thanks to all for the support this weekend.

Forgot to say Thank you to Wayne, Chris and Jenny for displaying thier cars on our stand.

Also need to say thank you to the guy (did not tell me his name but is a forum member) for buying me an Ice cream out of the blue.

i'm still gutted about that Greg bloody work gets in the the way of everything