The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to look at tt supe morrow

Supradan

Have seen a 93 rz tt auto red 75k looks in very good cond.

I spoke to the dealer earlier and he said its a px he took in.Its up for £5995 and after a brief conversation i said i would be able to give him £1200 plus my 94 na he said he would have to see it but seeing that my na is perfect i think we may be able to do a deal.

What do you reckon am i getting a good deal(pending cond of tt)

Hopefully its in good condition, in reality you need to get it checked out by a mechanic because the last thing you want is to swap your nice N/A for a TT on its last legs, find out when it last had a full service,what mods its has also plays a big part on the condition of the engine/turbos.

i'd say that would be a good deal.

It looks pretty standard in the pic's.

Its got a Active spoiler by the look of it, i'd check for a LSD (A02B)

You're in a good position as you know how your car drives so you've got a direct comparison for ride/knocks/handling.

On a cheap/old TT i'd be thinking the 'stocker' the better mods wise.

I'd be checking the turbo's thoroughly, are you taking anyone with you who could follow you when you go out in it?

The dealer said it has no mods that he knows of.I know hed say it was gold lined to get me there hehe

im ok on the general stuff but the turbo issue does worry me as you say they are expensive to fix.I am not going to make any decision tomorrow and will def not take money with me so i can have a good look around car and then spend a few days thinking about it.

I will take camera with me and take any pics of anything that looks supect,also will make a vid of engine running and any smoke etc maybe we can have the first online car examination:d

re the turbo's make sure you accelerate moderately at say half throttle in 2nd and feel/see what happens at the 1st to 2nd transition at approx 3600-4000rpm. If you keep a consistent pedal you should still feel a nice pick up at this point. The sequential system can pick up minor but annoying faults with age.

Also get a photo of inside the oil filler cap.

nah could be genuine, tts are gettin cheap nowadays! and besides hell probably sell the n/a for 5k seeing as hes a trader hell get that kinda £ and wont be in a rush to sell either!

just check it all over - and best thing try and get someone from here whos near you to meet and help scope it out. i had two of our members who came with me to give it a good look over before i bought mine. well worth it m8 :) youl be fine as long as you check it all .

:D

sort of a dog; nice to meet you; you made the right decision.

Rich

Nice to meet you too and thanks for coming to have a look with me.:)

Yea i agree,i am going to need to find one as clean as my NA or im not going to be happy.

Oh well back to the saving i suppose.

i'd say that would be a good deal.

It looks pretty standard in the pic's.

Its got a Active spoiler by the look of it, i'd check for a LSD (A02B)

You're in a good position as you know how your car drives so you've got a direct comparison for ride/knocks/handling.

On a cheap/old TT i'd be thinking the 'stocker' the better mods wise.

I'd be checking the turbo's thoroughly, are you taking anyone with you who could follow you when you go out in it?

How do you check if a sup has got a LSD?