The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back in a Supra a little earlier than expected....

garetheves

Well thanks to finding some spare change behind the sofa i decided that id go for it and buy another Supra this summer instead of next. What a Supra it is as well. T61, 6spd, reasonable mileage, gorgeous looks and well worth the trip down to Essex.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=895363#post895363

Cracking drive home and the car is no in desperate need of a wash. Plan on taking it out for a good drive tomorrow and taking some pictures so will post some up then. For now, the ones in the original advert will have to do.

Needless to say ill be posting a million and one questions over the coming weeks cos its quite a jump from my old BPU to a T61, but i know you lot are a patient bunch, most of the time.

Bring on the shows!!!

Still getting used to it. Its a completely different kind of power to a BPU if that makes any sense. Power comes in one surge rather than gradually and for that reason, at times, it doesnt seem as quick sometimes. Its really difficult to explain, and maybe its just my imagination. Give me a few weeks with it to get used to the clutch, gearbox etc and ill be able to explain it a little better. but believe me, when it shifts, it feking shifts.

FMIC is first on the agenda though so i can up the boost a little. Plus one or 2 other very minor mods to completely finish the car off. Cant wait, and neither can my bank manager.

Forgot to say, didnt see a single other Supra in the 300 miles on the way home. Only decent car i saw was a Ferrari of some description but he wasnt biting at all. Neither was a Scoobie i passed nearer home. There was plenty of cars the other direction, saw 2 Gallardo's, tons of 911's and a few Evo's. Wrong side of the road for me though.

we will see sweetheart ;) and i don't want to hear any of that 'it isn't running right' $hit this time ;)

the pressure is on you & your immaculate gear changes :D & i don't see RLTC or launch control on that list of yours to get that power down - muhahahahaaaaaaaa