The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paint colour.

Guest Yewtave

Guest Yewtave

Can any one help. The paint code on my car is 3L2. I just want to know the name of the red used. ie- Renaissance/ Supa/ Rosso. Its a 93 SZ. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

• 2 months later...
That looks to be a Rosso corsa red(As used by Ferrari).

Not quite, the red on the Supra is noticeably darker.

It's not easy getting a good match , if you're wanting to know the name of the colour you must be wanting to get an aerosol of the shelf. I'm not sure how good a match it will be though.

Even if you go to a paint supplier and give them the paint code they'll have at leat two variants and they're not guaranteed to match either.

I finally found a supplier that could supply paint that's very close to the original, it wasn't cheap though. :)

Not quite, the red on the Supra is noticeably darker.

It's not easy getting a good match , if you're wanting to know the name of the colour you must be wanting to get an aerosol of the shelf. I'm not sure how good a match it will be though.

Even if you go to a paint supplier and give them the paint code they'll have at leat two variants and they're not guaranteed to match either.

I finally found a supplier that could supply paint that's very close to the original, it wasn't cheap though. :)

And worse still there are 4x Rosso corsa reds available!

Where did you end up getting yours from?

Halfords will make a spray can up for £9.99,how close it will be in colour is something else!

We have ordered 2x different Corsa reds today and will find out how good they are tomorrow!!