The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got pulled this morning...

charlton

he was coming towards me and I wasn't on the phone and then he came screaming up behind me and I was, I'm usually on the lookout as well but somehow the riot van with flashing blue lights snuck up on me!!! :blink:

The guy was a bit of an ass at first and said I bet you've never had it on there have you so I showed him the holes and said the bolts had rusted through. He then started saying I bet you go to the Guildford cruise and trying to get on that idiot Saxo/Nova/Corsa vibe. He gave me a producer and said get it sorted and report to this place, send this here, pay this there, in 28 days, 14 days and 7 days - too many forms!

Funny as I got pulled by police in London on Sunday and they were more interested in the Supe and said sort the plate when you can - and they are meant to be stricter!!

Depends who you get mate. I got a £30 fine and producer for no front plate..... even though i pointed at where the plate should of been and showed him a crack in the bumper lol. (Still Gaz's fault for being a police grass i reckon).

He was probably trying to get a rise out of you when he was babbling on about the Saxos etc

No excuses about the mobile though, could of got in more serious trouble for that (potential £1000 fine isn't it?"

I know I know - idiot for being on the phone, I dont usually do it and I dont think I will be again! he did say there are no points for it yet so I guess there will be soon. I just got a fixed penalty notice.

he started telling me how we're not in the states now (true) and how I wanted to be stateside (false) and that I've only done it because it looks better (true - but I didn't tell him that)

and I still got to work on time!!! :D and got several texts and emails laughing cos they saw me pulled!

Guest chiefvinso

I dont understand this phone business, ok lets make it law that you cant use while driving as you are using one hand. What about those who drive with their hands on the gearstick or are eating a sandwhich and drinking etc. Rant over.

I dont understand this phone business, ok lets make it law that you cant use while driving as you are using one hand. What about those who drive with their hands on the gearstick or are eating a sandwhich and drinking etc. Rant over.

sorry to you smokers but smoking is more dangerous when driving than talking on a mobile. You gotta try lighting it with both hands and if you drop it you have a panic attack and swerve trying to find it before you burn your bits!!!

..... but somehow the riot van with flashing blue lights snuck up on me!!! :blink:

I think you've explained things nicely there - the fact you missed a huge vehicle with flashing blue lights clearly shows your attention wasn't on the job of driving a vehicle on a public road.

Would you also have missed the small child in the road that 'snuck up' in front of you?

I think you've explained things nicely there - the fact you missed a huge vehicle with flashing blue lights clearly shows your attention wasn't on the job of driving a vehicle on a public road.

Would you also have missed the small child in the road that 'snuck up' in front of you?

yeah of course, my concentration was in front of me and not through my tinted rear windows or between the Veilside spoiler. Theres not much these days that come screaming up behind a Supra or pose much threat behind you

sorry to you smokers but smoking is more dangerous when driving than talking on a mobile. You gotta try lighting it with both hands and if you drop it you have a panic attack and swerve trying to find it before you burn your bits!!!

totally disagree mate, i roll a smoke and light it with both hands on the steering wheel,:D mind you nearly lost it once when the bird was smoking me:innocent: