The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Max Power Live

sarjo

Birmingham NEC, 30th June - 2nd July. Anyone going?

Is this usually a good show? I have been asked by a cruise club down here in Devon who I 'hang around with sometimes' if I'll take the Supe. Its a long way, and will mean I will have to have a day off without pay on the friday. Havent been before, so is it worth going. Will obviously get free passes for the three days, so at the very least I'm going to get enough shampoo and wax sachets to last me a year :)

:yeahthat:

Ive been once, during my saxo days :blush:

If you havent been once then it maybe worth a visit......personally it was the worst show i have ever been too but it was still worth going. The place will be full of fibregash......even the roof of the place will proably be made from fibrgash. In case you havent guessed its 'show car' orientated and will be full of corsas and saxos.

IIRC the cost of entry was a rip off! piss up the night before in brum rocked thou :D

:yeahthat:

Ive been once, during my saxo days :blush:

If you havent been once then it maybe worth a visit......personally it was the worst show i have ever been too but it was still worth going. The place will be full of fibregash......even the roof of the place will proably be made from fibrgash. In case you havent guessed its 'show car' orientated and will be full of corsas and saxos.

IIRC the cost of entry was a rip off! piss up the night before in brum rocked thou :D

I've got a few copies of Max Power in the loft, used to buy every copy right from Issue 1. Even now some of the cars are stunning in the early issues, but then they completely lost the plot.

Bridge street or Broad street is it in Brum where all the bars are? Good night out, personally I'd go there on the p*ss the night before then sleep through the show :D

oh no i didnt know it was on! yeah its a good fun show. expect to be staring at Saxo's most the day though.

one of the best bits is walking through the carparks ands seeing the poor examples of modified motors!

ill take mine down, give the k&N a roast:innocent:

Any excuse to take pics of the girls again. More Jakki Degg please :D

mmmmm Nurse Jakki :D

Went once before and there were only a few decent cars to look at. Quite a lot of stunning models though :)

Most of the models though werent very well paid and as a result could barely afford any clothes, bless em :)

Mark

Had my car on show summer before last. http://www.spmcarclub.com - members cars - Mark Eames Mondeo.

Had free tickets coz of being in the show so just cost me petrol up there. Anyway, I think it's worth going for the girls alone - followed a close second for the night out afterwards. 4 hours sleep all weekend but had a ball but as said earlier expect SAxoville !

I used to be into the magazine but lost interest when it started being crammed full of company motors with £150,000 budgets and ludicrous ideas that can never be matched let alone topped by Joe Bloggs hence seeing the light, going Jap, getting a TT Supe and whooping the snot outa the lot of em.

Have to admit, not really my type of show. I wont be going, but we will be launching our E36 BMW we have been working on for the last year at Max live this year!

Look out for a Esquiss wide-arched E36 coupe with 20" chrome wheels, custom leather and two tone paint!

Andy

10 minutes laughing at the chavved up, carbon fibre nightmares, 3 hours staring at the fluff, maybe a hotdog then home. 60 odd quid well spent!!!

I've been going for years, me and my mates love having fun with the girls, making them pull funny faces for the camera rather than just doing the same old "yes im pretty innit" poses.

S1010124.JPG My friend rich, looks like he just shat! :blink:

S1010112.JPG Me ! Sporting quite an impressive beer belly :(

I'll be there on the sunday!