The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tuning Concepts Uk Visit!

Guest Usmann A

Guest Usmann A

Ok guys.

First week in August is confirmed for premier Justin Nenni to come over and tune some supras.

Any EMS welcome, he is also Pro Dealer for HKS.

Excellent credentials, titan, AAP, etc, BL, and he specced and mapped the famous Atomic Fabios italian supra.

If you guys are serious, becuase we have about 7 spaces max off the top off my head right now.

Pay your own Dyno time. And a fixed fee for tuning. Which is not confirmed yet, but judgeing by what so called tuners charge here youll be getting much better VFM.

To all those who where interested sorry in late reply, but we have a confirmed date now.

Thanks

Uz

Guest Usmann A

Hes coming to N london. Dyno probably surrey RR.

It includes a full tune up, everything, but no wrenching when things go wrong, hes just payed to tune, if everything is installed correctly.

All guys serious, will need spec sheets nearer time, and hell tell you if he would tune it.

Guest Usmann A

well, howmuch did THOR charge darren to map is Link ems .... roughly looking around the $1500- $2000 mark. not cheap, but hes in high demand.

prices not confirmed, might be cheaper. or other way round.

Guest Usmann A

Yep Jake bud, he just did a motec'd R33 GTR in japan, with a custom Motec knock box.

Re, password, not sure bro. will let you know.

ps, Motec certified tuner too.

too list a few, HKS PRO dealer, Motec, Haltech,Gems,Autronic,AEM, all jap piggyback stuff. Also EFI, Magneti morrelli. etc ;)

Guest Usmann A

LOL- that is a rough estimate. But a realistic one. Like i said guys, quibble at the price if you will, but if yo uwant your car running right, and im sure all you singles out there with built motors do.

Piled in silly amounts of money into your car,and want some decent hp, these arent RS turbos boys.

Everybody can splilt the cost of the dyno if they want.

As i said, its all rough atm, but hes a premier tuner, and comes at a premier price.

Tahnks

Nice one Usmann,

If these are the prices from Justin's web site ( i understand extra for traveling etc.) I'm sure you will get a good response for mapping.

Pricing:

Our Tuning packages start at just $150.00 USD for fuel tuning.

From $600.00 USD for full engine management tuning.

E-mail us at [email protected] for application specific pricing.

World tuning packages available (most countries), please inquire via e-mail or phone.

Guest Usmann A

LOL, you ovbiously dont understand the mobile mapper trade.

Those prices are actually a baseline,if he spends 2 days on your car itd be $1200 minimum wouldnt it?

He just tells me his rates per car, and i let you guys know.

Im sorry but is there anyone in the UK that can map AEM properly? someone who hasnt just done a refresher course with the software i mean. :)

This is what frustrates me about supras owners in general, the guy is top notch, hes asking a premium price, if you cant afford to tune the cars properly dont go buying single turbos and fuel systems and expect to get a £500 all in tune!!! and expect it to start everytime and not be in peices 2 months down the line! Its the bit you dont want to skimp on.

As i said, nearer the time, i will confirm a set price, i did say it could be higher or lower, i gave an estimate to peeps who asked.

Jesus, I dont hear the GTR boys quibbleing .... lOL

Guest Usmann A

Koptie, sos, yea, its for a full tune up, he will mail you guys basemaps for your setups to get you down here and do tuning from there.HTH

LOL, you ovbiously dont understand the mobile mapper trade.

Those prices are actually a baseline,if he spends 2 days on your car itd be $1200 minimum wouldnt it?

He just tells me his rates per car, and i let you guys know.

Im sorry but is there anyone in the UK that can map AEM properly? someone who hasnt just done a refresher course with the software i mean. :)

This is what frustrates me about supras owners in general, the guy is top notch, hes asking a premium price, if you cant afford to tune the cars properly dont go buying single turbos and fuel systems and expect to get a £500 all in tune!!! and expect it to start everytime and not be in peices 2 months down the line! Its the bit you dont want to skimp on.

As i said, nearer the time, i will confirm a set price, i did say it could be higher or lower, i gave an estimate to peeps who asked.

Jesus, I dont hear the GTR boys quibbleing .... lOL

EDIT: if that post werent aimed at me then ignore the below

FFS all i was asking is would i be paying the same amount (however much it is) regardless of the amount of work involved? As in if he looked everything over and changed a thing here or too, would i still be payin the same amount as someone who didn't even have a base map on it! Reasonable question isn't it?

Guest Usmann A

IT WASNT AIMED AT YOU FFS! :D

sos kopite, didnt respond to your Q. Basically, you ned to have everything ready and installed. He just does the laptop work.

So if you have WB, MAP sensors, other sensors, make sure they are wired up properly, and he can configure them once hes here. He does no wrenching or any hands on work. Just the tuning bro.

hth