The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RE-covering my seats / swap for leather

theyoungeone

hi guys i have a nice set of Recaro's in my supra, which are realy nice, just dont like the colour that much.

BUT i want to do one of either two things.

1: re-cover them in red cloth, like in the picture of the single red seat.

2: swap the seats for some black or cream leather seats

so if any one knows where id be able to get them re done then please let me know, or if any one would be interessed in swaping their leathers for some race recliners.

please speak up or for ever hold your peace ! ! !

24_2[1].jpg

inside1[1].jpg

If its OEM leather seats be prepared as they fetch in the region of £500 second hand, so you would need to probably put money towards the swap too.

My leathers will be up for sale soon.

James i cant see why they fetch so much, i have seen on three seperate occasions, 2 uk spec leathers in very good conditions (creame) with front and rear fetch £380, and recently J spec fronts £320 again in very good nick.

Maybe once upon a time thats how much they fetched, you can get OEM made leathers made to fit for Supra seats front and rears for £400 and thats genuine leather, brand new.

See here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Supra-Turbo-leather-Interior-seat-covers-seats_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33702QQihZ019QQitemZ8076395691QQrdZ1

Hope you dont mean me? I actually thought they were not real ones as not got the usual Recaro logo on the seat.

not yours the red ones.

basically what i meant was - if you want some of those red buckets makro sell those for £129 with both subframes and they recline etc. that was for the buyer as i thought this would be a cheaper option than to re trim :)

James i cant see why they fetch so much, i have seen on three seperate occasions, 2 uk spec leathers in very good conditions (creame) with front and rear fetch £380, and recently J spec fronts £320 again in very good nick.

Maybe once upon a time thats how much they fetched, you can get OEM made leathers made to fit for Supra seats front and rears for £400 and thats genuine leather, brand new.

See here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Supra-Turbo-leather-Interior-seat-covers-seats_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33702QQihZ019QQitemZ8076395691QQrdZ1

Ok slightly a poor example as everyone knows that its cheaper over in America, you try and get OEM made over here for that price.

Past sales and advice from well respected traders on here advise that for a quick sale you can get £400 for OEM. Recently on ebay.co.uk a set went for £360, a full set of cream which i think is less desirable went for over £600, Paul E sold a set recently fronts only for around £500 and i am only talking a matter of weeks not months.

It always falls down to if someone wants them they will pay the money.

Ok slightly a poor example as everyone knows that its cheaper over in America, you try and get OEM made over here for that price.

Past sales and advice from well respected traders on here advise that for a quick sale you can get £400 for OEM. Recently on ebay.co.uk a set went for £360, a full set of cream which i think is less desirable went for over £600, Paul E sold a set recently fronts only for around £500 and i am only talking a matter of weeks not months.

It always falls down to if someone wants them they will pay the money.

Fair point, Still OTT me thinks, i remember Pauls took a while to sell though.

OEM seats are VERY expensive and IMHO I think they should be, an excellent seat in a good trim with loads of longevity. Worth every penny if you ask me.

I thought so, i really dunno what mines will be worth as car has been away that long that i forgot what condition they are in.