The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Windscreen

slugger1

I took my car into RAC Auto Windscreens a month ago to get my windscreen replaced. When I got there they only had the UK type screen which is a different clour from mine so it wasn't suitable.

They said they would get onto their suppliers and get the correct import version. After several calls I am still waiting (each time I call them they say they will phone me back but don't bother).

Am I right in thinking that there are more imports than UK models in this country so technically it should be easier to get your hands on a import screen? Has anyone else had any problems getting their screen replaced?

What year is your car?

The early J-spec and UK spec cars use the same windscreens, there are 2 colour options/part numbers (part # 56101-14010 and 56101-14020).

First attachment shows part numbers for UK spec, second shows part numbers for J-spec.

If yours is a late model (ie. 96+) then these do have a different part number (56101-14050).

Picture 10.png

Picture 11.png

Picture 12.png

Word of advise, always use new genuine Toyota window seals. The non-genuine seals that windscreen companies use can cause leaking and subsequently bubbling/rust. The genuine seals are relatively cheap, so if you have to source these yourself from your local Toyota dealer.

Mine is a 1995 model. The screen that they originally tried to fit was a different colour and had a blue band across the top. Mine doesn't have that.

I could be wrong, but I think all genuine screens have a coloured band across the top, is the one you have fitted at the moment is genuine a Toyota one? It will have Toyota etched onto it if it is. The key thing will be to match the glass colour (blue or green) see part numbers above.