The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my bad f*ckin luck

Guest mk47

i was driving home today down a dual carriageway - wet as its just been raining.

so im driving along comfortably on the left when out of nowhere a fox is running out from the trees and onto the road.

due to my instincts i try to break and switch lanes - but guess what? yeah.. the rwd didnt like it and swung me all over the carriageway. at this point i was trying to regain control but just kept sliding side to side and almost hit the wall under a bridge which was just ahead of me.. hit something and then carried on sliding and hit the rails on the right hand lane.

at this point im really shook up and scared to get out to see the damage - i have to say im SO relieved, as i didnt hit the wall the wheels on the left scraped the kerb by the looks of things and then i scraped across the rails for 2-3 metres.

initially it looked like a dent on the rear quarter but its not its just a nasty scrape and the front wing just above the arch is scraped also.

my fucking luck! how bad is that! i now realise i should have just crushed the fox and been on with it!

so now im left with dirty paintwork and those who have been following my threads know about my situations!

terrrrrrrible man!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont as i dont have a camera. im relieved there is no damage to the body work meaning no dents or anything. it just looks plain ugly now though with those nastyy white marks.

Sounds like a close one. Glad your ok and that your car will survive

a VERY close one.when the car lost it i thought this is going to be really bad either im going to hit the wall or someones gonna come and crash into me. a police lady passer by stopped to help me just checked im ok and sent me on my way.

I would have flattened the fox...but saying that my Do luck nose and FMIC would have had it. Sorry to hear mate, whats the damage like? any pics mate?

sorry dont have pics as dont have a cam at the min. basically my left side wheels are scuffed slightly, the drivers side front wing is scraped by the arch about 6 inches long, and just above the rear arch is scraped id say about 11-12 inches across.

does this mean if i get it resprayed its going to be a matter of the whole panels being sprayed? or can they just be touched up? the scratches arent very deep id say its taken the first layer off - as i can see white and not any metal.

with my driving skills i kinda controlled it sort of like.. :rolleyes: PS i am really upset by this i love my supra so much and this shit has to happen to me!

if theres anything i learnt today its

a) if theres an animal in your way.. KILL THE BASTARD

b) buy traction control

From what you said, traction control wouldn't help you in this case. It was braking and turning that would do it - breaking causes weight to transfer forwards which means the rear wheels have less grip. Then if you turn suddenly the rear will beak loose. You'd get the same on any car, fwd rwd or 4wd.

Not that that's much consolation! Glad it doesn't sound like too much damage.

sorry dont have pics as dont have a cam at the min. basically my left side wheels are scuffed slightly, the drivers side front wing is scraped by the arch about 6 inches long, and just above the rear arch is scraped id say about 11-12 inches across.

does this mean if i get it resprayed its going to be a matter of the whole panels being sprayed? or can they just be touched up? the scratches arent very deep id say its taken the first layer off - as i can see white and not any metal.

with my driving skills i kinda controlled it sort of like.. :rolleyes: PS i am really upset by this i love my supra so much and this shit has to happen to me!

If its scared the paintwork it will need the whole pannel spraying to get it back to its former glory mate IMHO.

so anybody know if this is a case of respraying the whole panel or could it just be touched up? as far as i can see its not gone through to the metal - maybe only taken off the first layer of paint.

i kinda t-cutted it when i got home so that i could see the real damage - thankfully its not that bad and could have been alot worse.

it looked alot messier before i tcutted so im hoping it can just clean out and be polished up etc etc whatever they do.

oh and i now will need to do my tracking again as the steering wheel sits slightly to the left when im going straight.

ben for me its one bad thing after another lol. thats just the way it is!

and from all of it.. the bastard fox lives on.. dont he? the c*nt.

thanks everyone for the kind words. hopefully i can get this sorted nicely before sunday and without burning holes in my pocket!!

i don't want to hit a guy when he's down but given the steering wheel position i'd get the suspension checked on the side you say hit the curb as its possibly bent something.........

.......i take it an insurance claim is out due to loss of NCD and high excess?

i don't want to hit a guy when he's down but given the steering wheel position i'd get the suspension checked on the side you say hit the curb as its possibly bent something.........

.......i take it an insurance claim is out due to loss of NCD and high excess?

i will get that checked, although it didnt exactly hit anything it scraped the kerb - always good to be safe than sorry.

insurance claim - im only 20 with 0 no claims and excess is about £500!