The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best drag times on a street legal supra?

chilli

Just wondering -

what would the best 1/4 mile time for a supra TT be if using road legal (but any choice) tyres?

reason I ask is that the recent world record for the Ultima is 9.9s and I wondered if this could be got anywhere near. 9.9s doesn't sound that quick (well it does but not for a world record) but I realise tyres play a big part.

Presumably you could strip a lot of the car out, fit high stall + th400, single turbo big power, rltc, even nos etc do whatever you wanted so long as it was 'street legal', could a supra get close to this world record?

well good BPU cars can get into the 12s can't they, with more power (single) can they get into the 11s even?

I'd have thought you could shed a lot of weight if you ditched everything you didn't need and made it very minimalistic like the ultima lol

blimey! so whats the deal with the ultima world record then. It managed a 9.9s 1/4 mile and is road legal and apparently that is worthy of a world record!?

the only thing I can think of is that the car must be production standard too? will have to look into it further...

I think they mean from a standard production car. Ie you can buy it out of the box running those times? But who cares, the Ultima is more of a race car than a road car imho.

for sure I totally agree, that is why I was so suprised they make a big deal over these records.

Personally I'd rather see it win some races and set some lap records. Would love to see what time it can put in at the nerbergring...