The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from Le Mans

jason m

Just got back from Le Mans - what a fantastic trip, except for 1 small hiccup...

My car broke :(

After getting a full service, CW fast road suspension, CW SMIC, CW fast road pads & UK brakes, new O2 sensor, wideband, e manage mapped by Ian C. Washed and waxed car.

I set off and promptly broke down on the M20, and ended up going in my brother in laws Passat.

A massive thanks to Ian C who helped get me to Matts, and an even bigger thanks to Matt who took the car straight in and has been looking after it ever since.

:) and :(

Was just crusing on the M20, it missed a couple of times, then just total loss of power - like igniton had been cut. Pulled onto hard shoulder. Re started it but running mad rich. limped over to Matts behind the AA van.

So far Matt has had no luck in tracing the problem - which probably means its going to get more and more expensive when we eventually find the problem...

Sorry to hear you had problems mate.

I re-encountered ny late 2nd turbo problem on the way to Le Mans and had the passenger foot-well in bits. Big thanks (again) to IanC (and his encyclopaedic knowledge of said foot-well!) who gave me a bit of advice on the phone to help sort out the problem. Think it's a loose connection somewhere, but needed advice on a couple of the multi-plugs. So in the end, not much of a problem really - just an annoyance.

Had a great time at Le Mans though!

:cool:

Will post some pics up soon.

I went with my brother in law and his mates who are seasoned Le Mans veterans. There is a closed Chinese restaurant on the Mulsane straight where you can get right up to the track edge - pitch black, totally silent, 1 am in the morning and the cars come past at 200mph - most amazing experience.

But my F**ing car is still broken!!!