The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Info

Carl

Hello,

I am new to this site and I dont actually own a Supra yet but will be looking to buy one very shortly pending further information on them. That is the main reason I have joined at this time.

I have been reading some of the pdf's of this site which help a great deal.

I will only be able to spend arouns £8,000-£8,500 on the Supra and would want the twin turbo model.

I have noticed that there are various models and what I would like to know, without sounding like a boyracer, is performance data on the different variants, eg, 0-60, bhp etc. I imagine this info is already tucked away on this site somewhere.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very gratefull.

Cheers in advance,

Carl

I have noticed that there are various models and what I would like to know, without sounding like a boyracer, is performance data on the different variants, eg, 0-60, bhp etc. I imagine this info is already tucked away on this site somewhere.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very gratefull.

Cheers in advance,

Carl

£8k should see you good auto or if you are very lucky a 6spd. Its a good start, but make sure you have a few £K free to run and service one ;) Much, (beleive me), much more if you want to modify it.

Like any very high powered RWD car the performance stats are only as good as the driver. As a general guide:

0-60: (auto or manual) 5.2 seconds, though this really depends on the driver

BHP: 300-320ish for imports, 326 for UK spec. In reality there is little difference in real world due to torque figures.

Max speed: (delimited auto or manual) 180mph+ given enough road

£8k should see you good auto or if you are very lucky a 6spd. Its a good start, but make sure you have a few £K free to run and service one ;) Much, (beleive me), much more if you want to modify it.

Like any very high powered RWD car the performance stats are only as good as the driver. As a general guide:

0-60: (auto or manual) 5.2 seconds, though this really depends on the driver

BHP: 300-320ish for imports, 326 for UK spec. In reality there is little difference in real world due to torque figures.

Max speed: (delimited auto or manual) 180mph+ given enough road

ha ha don,t listen to the banter, if you want performance then j,spec all the way, the uk models have about half a ton of rust on them,(and i am talking on the turbo blades) so uk spec 300bhp tops, jspec 330 to 380:innocent:

ha ha don,t listen to the banter, if you want performance then j,spec all the way, the uk models have about half a ton of rust on them,(and i am talking on the turbo blades) so uk spec 300bhp tops, jspec 330 to 380:innocent:

You must be new here? :p

Yeah, all rust, lard and dildoes.

Steer clear.

Thanks guys for the replies.

I,m used to paying out for car maintenance as I have a Rover Coupe Turbo at the moment. I have spent over 15k on modifying the engine etc to 400bhp.

After a recent mechanical failure, I have decided to call it a day and buy something of similar power but more reliable with a stronger engine etc. The Supra seems to answer all those criteria. I dont know if I ever want to go as far a s I have with my Rover but Never say Never I guess. However, Im sure a few tweeks to get it up around 400-450bhp would be needed fairly soon.

Ideally, I want to buy a standard unmodified Supra Turbo with good service history, most probably an auto as this would seem to be the best option on my budget.

Im sure Im going to be posting much more as soon as I make that purchase which will hopefully be in the next few months, maaybe earlier.

Cheers Carl