The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a problem or just normal??

MrHanky

Hello

Do Supra’s generally need the oil topping regularly or should this not be a problem. The reason I ask is because Greg at Turbo Fit has had to top mine up today whilst she’s in for a calliper rebuild. Now I only did this a month ago and I have barely driven her during that time as I didn’t really want to hear that awful scraping noise from the seized calliper. The thing is though that there are no oil spots anywhere, and the car has been sitting in the same spot for most of that time.

Do you think that there is a problem or is this normal?

Thanks

Mark

Mine ran for a year and I never topped it up. Admitedly that was only 6k miles but it rang from oil change to oil change with virtually no loss.

are you using the right grade of oil? How many miles have you done, how many has the engine done, does it smoke (blue)?

Thanks for the inormation so far people. Yep, im sure that im using the right oil and the car has around 59000 miles on the clock. Since I topped up I probably only did 200 - 250 miles as I have kept the car off the road during that time. I will have to check the smoke bit but I cant say I have noticed any of the blue variety.

Thanks again people, I will have to look into this further I think.

Mark

Mine ran for a year and I never topped it up. Admitedly that was only 6k miles but it rang from oil change to oil change with virtually no loss.

are you using the right grade of oil? How many miles have you done, how many has the engine done, does it smoke (blue)?

If you check underneath you may find one or more of the seals weeping a little, as long as it is not gushing out and leaving oil on the ground then should be okay. The engine will use a little oil over a month, but probably not enough to be noticeable on the dip stick.