The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any info on this????

mathew

Looks nice, do like the gunmetal. 1997 car, auto, low mileage, price looks about right, im sure you could come to an agreement if its the one for you. ;)

Do like the subtle touches on the facelift.

Let us know how you get on. :)

i knew the n/a could shift, this one almost hits warp factor 5!!!! yeah il keep you all informed on how it goes. got a few TT's that iv got my eye on but would prefer the facelift model.

go for a TT then, and just buy the extra bits :) better in the long run for the power u get :)

go for a TT then, and just buy the extra bits :) better in the long run for the power u get :)

I agree, I tinkered with the idea of starting with a n/a "just to get used to rwd" etc, so glad i got a TT instead, the power is astonishing and slappes a massive grin on your face every time you plant the volume pedal.

Not meaning to offend n/a drivers (please dont crucify me!! :innocent: )but if i'd bought a non turbo i'd always feel like id settled for second best, and no matter how cool it looked, I'd know that it wasn't a turbo and wasn't as quick as other models.

Having a n/a makes sense if your gonna use it every day as it is would be cheaper in fuel, insurance etc (probably not as much as you think though - Speak to sky insurance) but if you plan to modify and increase performance you really should get a TT, most people would agree that your 'not just a few steps up the performance ladder' your pretty much on a different ladder altogether.

Sorry if it sounds like i've gone on a bit (still going...:D ) but i would have been disappointed. Bit like buying a beautiful airgun then having a go on your mates bozooka... your airgun is cool but won't give you as much of a buzz after playing with the rocket launcher. (I need to stop drinking during the day :blink: )

PS - Love the facelift supra though, get a TT then buy the replacement bits,

Let us know how you get on :)

BTW - Does anyone else think a lot of silver soops look like that rear bumper is slightly different colour to the body. Maybe just in pictures, maybe its just my eyes. Do they use different paint on the bumpers to the body coz its made from a different material?

silver bumper 2.JPG

silver bumper 1.JPG

im not really too bothered about the power difference between the n/a and TT as there arent that many places around here where i could really open it up and i dont drive much either (2500 miles last year) to justify the extra cost of buying a TT (my budget is around 6k at the moment) thats why iv more or less decided on an n/a.