The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drag racing at Crail today

tDR

Got a good few runs in today as it was a non mag day so nice and quiet. Weather wasn't brilliant with spates of rain but still managed to set a decent benchmark time for my standard car before starting with the mods. My best was a 13.58 @ 103.4 MPH with 2.03 sec 60ft time with road tyres on Crail's crappy surface. Here's a time slip.... you can see when it was raining!

My bro set some decent times in his ST205 GT-Four to qualify for TOTB in the GT4OC's lot. Was his first outing after us doing a forged rebuild with Mitsubishi TD06-20G turbo on, supporting mods of 800cc injectors, Power FC etc:

Now on with the modding for me and should see some decent times pretty soon! :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Cheers guys :)

Spec is standard TT auto (non vvti), just a walbro pump (making it overfuel like a bitch so no help on standard boost), koni shocks with eibach springs and 18" wheels with 265 width rear Falken FK-452 tyres @ 30psi.

I run 35 psi, is this to high on 17"??

IMO 25psi is optimal on the strip for road tyres m8, gets some flex in the tyre sidewalls and is worth a tenth or so :)

Not for road though....

jamesmark - first I've heard of it! I think that's just Elaine being a moan, Gary will attend TOTB come hell or high water!

jamesmark - first I've heard of it! I think that's just Elaine being a moan, Gary will attend TOTB come hell or high water!

Elaine a moan? are you sure? ;) He had a cracked block a while back and she said he was getting rid, never spoke to her in a while, so am a bit behind lol.

Elaine a moan? are you sure? ;) He had a cracked block a while back and she said he was getting rid, never spoke to her in a while, so am a bit behind lol.

Yep, this was his first shakedown run after we rebuilt it m8, used a thickwall block this time. Not fully mapped yet but looking promising after today. Elaine will always encourage Gary to drop the car habit but I'm his bro and I know better lol :)

Yep, this was his first shakedown run after we rebuilt it m8, used a thickwall block this time. Not fully mapped yet but looking promising after today. Elaine will always encourage Gary to drop the car habit but I'm his bro and I know better lol :)

I know what you mean mate she is a moan. When i go up in August my ears are going to be red raw so i will be relying on your good self to rescue me lol