The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dinged one of my wheels! arrrgh!

chilli

Had the car over 1 year now, guess it had to happen sooner or later. So annoyed though as I'm really careful and this was so unnecessary!!!

Driving down through a smallish village and had to stop as this car in front was giving way to an articulated lorry coming out of a side road and taking it wide. Well I say giving way, more like having no choice as the lorry seemed to barge its way out.

Anyway, lorry gets out of the side road and pulls over leaving a small gap. Smaller car in front goes through but it's looking tight and already the lorry looks like it's moving on anyway.

So, there is no way it's going to fit so I immediately start to reverse up a little. The lorry swings out and comes at me at a right rate of nots making me feel rather in danger. This thing was massive and towered over the car, would have made mince meat of the car :(

anyway, gap still looking tight, I need to reverse up a bit more and catch the rear wheel on this rather large kerb that sprang from no where.

was really p1ssed off, didn't want to look at it to start with, waited until I got home and was a bit more calm. For such a bit kerb and such low profile tyres the damage is minimal luckily. Needs a really good polish to cover it up but it is mostly confined to the edge of the rim, so could have been worse.

Still p1ssed off though, cross with myself, cross with the w@nker in the lorry. Think he was taking the p1ss really, suppose you feel you can in a massive vehical that doesn't belong to you.

was the wheel I polished up this morning too, sods law. Still will try and fix it up tomorrow sometime best I can, think it will be ok.

tell me you've all been there and done it so I don't beat myself up so much over my crap driving and the t@sser lorry driver...

yeah it's horrible isn't it, you get that sinking feeling and just don't want to look :(

did you do much damage? I'm going to have another go at repairing mine later and hopefully it will be good enough that I can forget all about it. Not worth buying a new wheel for, but annoying all the same.

bloody lorry drivers, I was hoping it was all just a bad dream until I saw my post lol