The mkiv Supra Owners Club

servicing near reading?

razza

Hello there. I had a cambelt change done at Old Ford Auto's in Bracknell. Recommended by the guys cousin who is on here. Did a fine job and was cheap too. Reckon fluid change should be no probs for him. Don't have a number for him, but if you use the search button I expect you'll find the thread.

Hope that helps.

Hi Razza, you have Green Peas old car right? A very nice example :)

Okay, here goes:

Thames Valley Mots for all BASIC servicing (http://www.tvmot.com), speak to Dave and mention the club. Nice guys and good rates. Not for modding or more complex service work/troubleshooting. If you know what you need doing, they are the best in the area.

Phoenix for anything not matching above, however they are based in Watford so expect to give up 2.5 hrs getting there and back. Well worth it though, same rate as TVMOTs, but really know their stuff. Top guys and will not rip you off, without a doubt they are one of the owners club favourite garages and only work on Supra's (search here and you will see what I mean).

As mentioned by LeeT, GrahamS is another good contact if you're in the Basingstoke area. Though he doesn't have his own garage he knows Supra's very well (he's an owner too) and will look after you.

Don't bother with the chancers or those who recommend due to "They did an oil change once and it was fine" :rolleyes:

Also, word of warning - do not visit anyone known as Paul Kent (also known as 'Slow dog' or 'Max-GT')

Are you based in Reading? Would be good to meet up, there's quite a few of us here and we like our meets. The Reading meet is next week, perhaps you could drop in?

also any recommendations on what fluids to use

For Engine oil this depends on the spec, Silkolene 10w50 is as good as you can get for a BPU car (from Opie Oils, see trader section)

PAS - Use standard fluid

Brakes: Motul 5.1, best you can get

Antifreeze - Only use Toyota Red (expensive though)

If you want to do the full works on the car replace fuel filter too (unless its been done in the last couple of years).

looks like i need to buy some polish then, I may pop down depending on work, have period end next week which is always rubbish for me monday to wednesday, but will try to make it, will be good to meet you guys.:wave:

shame the neons aren't working lol [OOPS][/OOPS]

hence the lol.....

when he mentioned it had neons i thought, fine won't use them anyway, then the grief started from my mates[OOPS][/OOPS]

i'm sure at some stage down the line i may[sAD][/sAD] get them working again...