The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19" Wheels. Will they fit??

Seifer

Hi guys, i'm looking at a set of 19" wheels for my TT jap spec. I've got the UK front brakes and tein coilovers fitted.:) I've currently got the stock UK spec 17's on.(Which will be for sale if anybody wants them) The offset of the wheels i'm looking at are 35 front and back, and the widths are 8.5 front and 10 rear. The wheels are on ebay.com with item no. 8073213972.

I would put a link but haven't got a clue how to do it!! ;)

I'm looking to fit 295 30 19 on the rears and 245 30 19 on the front, to try and keep the diameter of the wheels as close to standard as possible.

Could someone please advise me on whether or not they will clear the uk calipers and if i will need the arches rolled at all or spacers fitted etc.:search:

Thanks in advance:d

Dave

I've searched through the forums on here and understand that spoke design is also a factor as well as offset and width. I jus wanted to know what you guys thought.:) I've not been able to find another supra with uk brakes and these wheels, but judging by the spoke design and the offset of 35 I think they'll fit, I jus wanted to make sure. What tyre width would you suggest? I've got 275s on the UK 17s at the moment.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

It will really depend on the dish and the design of the wheels. You'll probably find that a 19x10 +35 may well catch on the rear wheel arch, so you may need to have the arches rolled or shaved.

Copy and paste the link from the address bar for the advert here, or post the make and model of the wheels then perhaps we can help more.

Cheers guys, I take it i'd be better off sticking with 275's and getting the arches rolled to be on the safe side.:) Judging by the pictures in the link, if you had to guess, do you reckon they'd fit over uk brakes?? I've seen similar designs with uk brakes.

Cheers:d

275 30 19 if you want your speedo to read correctly.

You mean if you want your speedo read as uncorrectly as it does with the stock tyre sizes. :D

A larger circumference tyre would actually make the speedo more accurate.