The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi, Im new :)

Guest Meathead316

Guest Meathead316

Hello

first a little about me, im a 21 year old male, been driving for 3 years 6 months, 2 years no claims, I dont own a supra but really want one. the only thing that is putting me off is the insurance. I will have 3-4k to spend on one and was looking at getting a manual, non turbo, non import.

most insurance companies say i have to be 25 (virgin, norwich union) but this is where i get confused, i got a quote with dial direct (on internet) and it came back at £1300 (which i think is very good indeed) so i called them to make sure it was right and the guy on the phone was useless and said he cant help me unless i have the car registration number... any way, i then got a quote from admiral and it was £2000 ish, (but in their list of cars all of the non turbo ones were imports) so just for a laugh i got a quote for a twin turbo.... £1200!!!

I am now very confused, its too late at nighjt to call them so i will have to wait til 2morro. but surely if a turbo car is that cheap, then a non turbo uk car will be even cheaper!

please help me!!!

oh onelast question

exactly what model am i talking about? uk model, manual, non turbo about 1994 year

Guest Meathead316

whoa!!! those replies were faster than i imagine a twin turbo supra to be!

so all non turbos are imports... hhhmmm, but the turbos are more expensive to buy! about 5k ish

so all non turbos are imports... hhhmmm, but the turbos are more expensive to buy! about 5k ish

5k tt mmm be carefull what you buy for that money matey and welcome:d

mate join our club for a Tenner....then try sky insurance our club insurer (think you get an extra 20% dicount as club member). they insure under 25's ....know their cars and gave me a good quote. :)

My quote was shocking .... Elephant was about £600 cheaper even with that discount! Make sure ur rear wheels arent too big for the arches! :bang: sorry ... sore subject for me at the mo!

hi mate and welcome!

i bought a non-turbo because i wanted a supra and got one as soon as i could, now wish i had waited and got a tt, i have been told the insurance is only a little more

p.s not starting a n/a defense thread!:D

Guest Meathead316

so you think i should definatly go for the turbo? dont they use up a hell of a lot more fuel?

im thinking if i got a non turbo import and could insure it for less than £1500 and it was a sound car with no problems i would be happy.

im thinking if i got a non turbo import and could insure it for less than £1500 and it was a sound car with no problems i would be happy.
You'd be happy until you got used to the power and then you'd be back asking what you can do to increase the non-turbo's power

and the answer to that is 'not much'

You'd be happy until you got used to the power and then you'd be back asking what you can do to increase the non-turbo's power

and the answer to that is 'not much'

well i was quite impressed with the nos i saw at this weeks mascrat manor (fitted correctly it match some tt boys and give them a run for their money down a drag strip, around £600-£1000) also you could go single .... buy a good na for £4500 and then spend £3500 on a good single na-t conversion.... that bring you up to a price for a good tt....

swings and roundabouts

Charlie

PS. nos is hard to insure for road use (really whacks the money up alot) so you would have it disconected for normal road use and then use it for tracks days etc.

Guest Meathead316

i used to drive a 2.0 mondeo (130bhp)... then it died, im now driving my g/f's 1.3 fiesta O_o so i think a non turbo supra at about 230bhp will be good enough for me, will save on petrol too.