The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone talk me out of going BPU!

jamesmark

Well i have this burning desire to go BPU.

I already have a kakimoto cat back, 2nd de cat pipe, IK24 plugs.

Now I am at the stage of considering buying 1st de cat pipe (with 1.2 restrictor ring), boost guage, boost controller, FCD (am i missing anything?).

My intercooler as far as I am aware is fine but that can be added to the list too no problems.

I really cant decide what to do.

Traders if you read this what prices delivered can you come up with, for the parts to go BPU.

I was speaking to Paul E and he sort of pushed me towards it by saying its an all new car, down side is my turbos will wear out quicker, however i am lucky if i do 2000 miles a year in the supra and can always pick up stock turbos.

SOMEONE talk me out of it. :D

I was speaking to Paul E and he sort of pushed me towards it by saying its an all new car, down side is my turbos will wear out quicker, however i am lucky if i do 2000 miles a year in the supra and can always pick up stock turbos.

:D

Dont blame me! :)

Just do it m8!

SSS = Slippery Slope Syndrome

Okay then. You've not driven your car enough to get used to the stock power yet so BPU has me predicting a hedge/Supra interface.

Stay stock until next spring. Get a winter out of the way and then go for it. On the plus side you'll have saved up enough money to get some more stuff done. Like a decent respray. :p

Dont do it mate, dont kill the pokers, dont kill the M3's, dont get an extra 40-80 horses, think of the extra petrol for all that power (380 BHP), think of the constant smile on your face when your at WOT it will be permenant, think of thw whiplash you'll suffer when your tubbies spool to 1.2, think of the monstorous exhaust note that can cause oldies to have strokes......dont do it matey.:(

Okay then. You've not driven your car enough to get used to the stock power yet so BPU has me predicting a hedge/Supra interface.

Stay stock until next spring. Get a winter out of the way and then go for it. On the plus side you'll have saved up enough money to get some more stuff done. Like a decent respray. :p

Being a mad driver is in the past:innocent: I hear what your saying but the times i do drive the soop my better half is in the car so i have to behave. As for winter had the car since boxing day and had a good few days of proper weather (Scottish weather) not like the stuff down here lol, but seriously i know what your saying Martin.

AS FOR THE RESPRAY pink man, thats has changed as someone has joined the forum with same as what i have got.

Dont do it mate, dont kill the pokers, dont kill the M3's, dont get an extra 40-80 horses, think of the extra petrol for all that power (380 BHP), think of the constant smile on your face when your at WOT it will be permenant, think of thw whiplash you'll suffer when your tubbies spool to 1.2, think of the monstorous exhaust note that can cause oldies to have strokes......dont do it matey.:(

Your right, after reading that post how could i ever dream of doing it.;)

Mark if you want to fit a boost controller (optional), then I'd get the restrictor ring to limit boost to around 1bar (in high gear), then use the boost controller to raise from there.

I'll send you some prices for boost gauges, FCD and boost controller. Do you also want prices for FMIC?

Mark it you want to fit a boost controller (optional), then I'd get the restrictor ring to limit boost to around 1bar (in high gear), then use the boost controller to raise from there.

I'll send you some prices for boost gauges, FCD and boost controller. Do you also want prices for FMIC?

If money wasnt a biggie then this is the best option in my opinion, more contol over boost less of the nasty spikes you can get somtimes.

I'd say do it, as it really does transform the car. But be prepared for the slippery slope. BPU leads on to things like better brakes, RLTC, FMIC... etc it all adds up - but is worth it if you are into your cars.

I'd say if you happily max out the stock car then BPU is for you. if you rarely put a stock car through its paces then why bother...

Yeah, Mark. You don't drive the car regularly and when you do the other half is with you making you go slower.

Why bother with BPU? Get the interior pimped instead.

You have a valid point, thats point of this thread to get reasons why and prices (thanks Nic:D ).

Yeah I want my interior sorted although its in ok nick just now, plus the engine bling but then there is BPU. I have the money for either or but not for both (although for what i want for the interior will take a few extra months saving) and which ever I decide thats it for a while as considering setting a date on getting the better half down to the alter (i love the soop but I love my sarah more).

Its a choice thing and I am that undecided its terrible.