The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dull Dash Solution.

GordonT

Here's a ip for anybody that wants to put some new life into their dash.

Well, After a while I got really bored with the DULL and easy to mark flat black finish on my MKIV's dash so I took the thing apart, removed everything I could and masked off the bits I wanted to keep (gear gator, Dials etc) and bought some of that Plasticoat spray paint (metalic black, although there are a few colours) and sprayed the whole lot.

What a difference... unbelievable... Looks like a whole new dash...

I tested it out to begin with on the ashtray lid, thought it looked good so continued... I was amazed at the difference and all for about 7 quid.

Gordon T... MKIV TT6

Quote: from GordonT on 9:04 am on Aug. 3, 2001[br]Here's a ip for anybody that wants to put some new life into their dash.

Well, After a while I got really bored with the DULL and easy to mark flat black finish on my MKIV's dash so I took the thing apart, removed everything I could and masked off the bits I wanted to keep (gear gator, Dials etc) and bought some of that Plasticoat spray paint (metalic black, although there are a few colours) and sprayed the whole lot.

What a difference... unbelievable... Looks like a whole new dash...

I tested it out to begin with on the ashtray lid, thought it looked good so continued... I was amazed at the difference and all for about 7 quid.

Gordon T... MKIV TT6

Come on then - get some pictures done, and upload them here or on the members section

Dean..

Quote: from Eric Kasir on 10:14 am on Aug. 3, 2001[br]Walnut dash in a 'soop - are you sure - thats definitely not in keeping with its character - maybe nice in a rolls or something, but not in a sports car. Just imagine an Elise with a walnut dash - nice.

Pete Connely's has a 'walnut' dash, and he said it was a factory fit option.  It's looks odd at first, but it's not terrible.

-Ian

Justin's dash we decided on a titanium-looking silver. It suits the car rather nicely as the car is silver too. I was thinking about a colour to paint mine (black car) and metallic black does sound tasty.

Advantantage of painting the dash is you can fill-in unused switch-holes or create new ones. With the Racelogic TC fitted, there's no need for a stock Trac on/off switch so Justin's car has them all filled in. I'm still wondering what to do with the Racelogic control box, however. I think we might put it about where the stock Trac switch used to be, but it's finding a decent control knob that's proving tricky.

Yours,

J