The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Gumball 2006

S7EVE

After last years success are we planning to hold a similar event this year. Details are below:

The route has been confirmed, its length is very slightly over 150miles, estimated at just over 4 hours 30 mins driving. The start location is the Quorn Grand Central Railway Car Park in Quorndon, just outside Leceister - meeting time is anytime after 8am. The gumball WILL begin and DEPART at 9am sharp! So please be prompt.

A pack will be issued to each vehicle along with emergency contact numbers just in case, please bring radios/sat nav if you wish, included in the pack will be a questionnaire to be completed en-route there will be a prize for the most correct answers.

We will be stopping in Shrewsbury for lunch at around 12:00, venue to be confirmed, however departure will be 1:30pm sharp.

The finish point is on the A449 between Kidderminster and Worcester, near the Mitre Oak, at Glyn's new property which has amble room for parking. Post Code and exact location will be confirmed by Monday 28th Aug for those wishing to attend the finale.

The Route:

The START IS :

Woodhouse Road

Quorn

Leicestershire

LE12 8AL

MAP:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

To make things slightly more interesting, each vehicle will be issued with a series of tasks to be completed along route, points will be awarded for each successfully completed task. The car with the highest number of points at the end of the day will win a special prize.

The Lunch:

The Pound at Leebotwood.

Leebotwood,

Nr Church Stretton,

Shropshire,

SY6 6ND.

www.thepound.org.uk

Lunch will be between 12:00 and 13:30, we have the pub completely to ourselves! There are 50+ parking spaces in the car park. Due to the number of us they have had to limit the menu, so I have had to make an executive decision on the choice of menu. :) However they have provided a nice group discount.

Below is the menu, however I will provide you all with a copy on the morning in your pack.

The Menu

• Fillet of Cod, lightly battered and served with mushy peas and hand cut chips
  • Home made 8oz burger topped with bacon and cheese in a bap with coleslaw and hand cut chips
  • Sirloin steak 8oz with hand cut chips and a tomato and red onion salad
  • Home cooked ham (cold) with free range fried egg and hand cut chips
  • Fennel and sundried tomato Risotto (v)
  • Neals Yard Goats Cheese lightly grilled on a crute with salad of caramalised red onion, toasted pine nuts, rocket with balsamic dressing.

This menu is normally £9.95, however we have negotiated each dish to be £7.50 with a £2.50 supplement for the steak.

The Finish

Estimated time of arrival at the completion point is around 3:30/4pm, upon arrival at the finish point there will be a BBQ for all, with the chance for any last photo's, prize's will be awarded and we are working on providing some entertainment for young and old ;) If the weather does turn, the BBQ will be on hold and the local Mitre Oak provides very good food and some fine ales. Glyn has very kindly offered to be host for the duration of the afternoon/evening. Glyn is offering all gumballers, the ability to Camp over in his acres of land if you wish. The Travelodge just down the road is now FULLY BOOKED.

As you are all aware the event is completely free and being organised by the members for all members of mkviSupra.net. Afreemason(Glyn) & Motley have very kindly offered to host us all for the afternoon/evening. However as you can appreciate buying enough burgers and hotdogs for 100+ people will prove to be a little expensive, so perhaps if we all put a fiver in the kitty we can cover this cost and ensure everyone has a good time. I will try to get round you all during the BBQ if thats ok.

So if its not already, put Saturday September 2nd in your diary!

Hope to see you all there.

Attendees as of 22/08/06:

1.) S7EVE

2.) Burna

3.) mr lover

4.) Pete Von Burstrum III

5.) SteveR

6.) Suprastar90

7.) Dino

8.) Trick152

9.) Sheefa

10.) The Prawn

11.) black cat

12.) Voo51

13.) Bondy

14.) Max Headroom

15.) Big num

16.) LeeT

17.) Crimbo

18.) MK47

19.) J9PSP (Non member supra owner)

20.) afreemason (probably in the zed)

21.) Baldieman (350z)

22.) blazor (350z)

23.) Kev 946 (BMW V8 whatever !)

24.) dj350z (350z)

25.) Sarnie (350z)

26.) John (VX 220 Turbo)

27.) 350z Nismo (350z)

28.) TheMinel (350z)

29.) AndyC (350z)

30.) Lui

31) Ray

32.) JSeaman (mkiii)

33.) john abbot (mkiii)

34.) Bondy (mkiii)

35.) marty boy and jenni (mkiii)

36.) tezzpip (mkiii)

37.) bigbro (mkiii)

38.) koidave (mkiii)

39.) mrroverrover (mkiii)

40.) Mickey & Janine (mkiii)

41.) Penfold & Rogue (mkiii)

42.) Stevieboy & Anne (mkiii)

43.) JonArgraig (mkiii - other)

44.) Dr Evil (mkiii)

45.) Grant (mkiii)

46.) Jagz (GSXR 1300 Hyabusa)

47.) ALB_BOY

48.) AshBhp

49.) Supra TT Myster

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope it does happen, I'm think Martin mentioned it the other day but now he's a dad he may be a little busy. I'm sure we could all chip in to help him out, he did a great job last year :D

My suggestion would be maybe hire a function room at a pub for a night party and hand out the prizes for best car etc.. instead of at lunchtime like last year. I never did get a prize for coming first :(

We were looking at the possibility of linking the Gumball in with the meet that Ed is trying to organise. Be worth getting some input from Afreemason (glynn) as he helped organise it with Martin and myself last year and the 350z's joined us as well

yep, I'm up for this, and like Ian said i'm STILL trying to organise the Quorn GSRW station yard as a base location.

HOWEVER!!, even without permission we could still use the station as a start/finish point (like the pub yard on the 1st Gumball).

Just turn up on the day.

If I do manage to negotiate permission we would be able to use the yard for BBQs etc,.. and parking for the local pub.

If needed, I could also hire the local villege hall at discounted rates ;)

Guest Sean.W

let us know the details & provided it does`nt clash with any of the other shows i`m sure we`ll be able to muster up a couple of cars:yes:

We`ve even got a traveling bbq we could bring ;) :D LOL

Ok, looking at the club calendar i've found these dates:

Saturday August 19th

Sunday August 20th

Saturday September 2nd

Sunday September 3rd

Name - Preferred Dates

----------------------

1.) S7EVE - Any Dates

2.)

Guest Sean.W

Saturday August 19th

Sunday August 20th

Saturday September 2nd

Sunday September 3rd

1.) S7EVE - Any Dates

2.) Burna - Either Saturday

3.) mr lover - september

4.) Pete Von Burstrum III - Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere.

5.) SteveR - September

6.) Suprastar90 - sat september 2nd

7.) Dino - sat september 2nd

We deffo can`t do the August dates as that clashes with Tatton Park for us & Sunday the 3rd clashes with Trax , but this is only just up the road from me & Dino so we should be able to do the Saturday :)

Saturday August 19th

Sunday August 20th

Saturday September 2nd

Sunday September 3rd

1.) S7EVE - Any Dates

2.) Burna - Either Saturday

3.) mr lover - september

4.) Pete Von Burstrum III - Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere.

5.) SteveR - September

6.) Suprastar90 - sat september 2nd

7.) Dino - sat september 2nd

8.) Trick152 - Saturdays only

OK, fairly clear to see its going to be Saturday 2nd September :cool:

Added to the club calendar.

Open to suggestions for route, We need a starting and finish point. SupraStar - any more details on your suggested venue? Location? Parking? local amenities? I'll have a think about getting some prizes... First to arrive, Best car etc.

Please continue to add your names:

1.) S7EVE

2.) Burna

3.) mr lover

4.) Pete Von Burstrum III

5.) SteveR

6.) Suprastar90

7.) Dino

8.) Trick152

Perhaps if we get 2 or 3 dates together and see which is most desireable to everyone and begin to get a list of people interested?

Would be glad to help out, Glyn did a cracking job last time be good to involve him again:)

Great idea for prizes. I should be able to get trophies made up for it and the club will support us with this through club funds.

It also have access to the bunting and club signs that we use at JAE so if we have a finish point (Eds location) I can set up a marquee bbq and we can issue prizes at the end of the Gumball people can the head back to where they live in convoys after this.

Suggestions would be for prizes:

Best Supra

Best 350z

(any other suggestions)

it would also be a good idea to inform the local authorites exactly what we are doing.