The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should I make this journey? (plus bonus air-con question)

RedM

Got to drive down south soon. Car has wobbly idle and minor (very) judder when moving due to coil pack issues.

Also, SMIC is on it's way out but has plenty of fins left in place and looks fairly good for it's age.

Can't get either replaced before the journey for one reason or another.

If I pootle down at 70 will I be okay?

Also, cheapest place for air-con service and re-gassing in Leeds area?

Just go and stop worrying about everything. If it blows up then so be it, at least you can remember the good times :)

Air Con - I answered this recently for Thorin, the chap I used a while ago is:

Antarctic Vehicle Air Conditioning

7 Heath Mount, Leeds, LS11 8TY

Tel: 0113 217 5800

Operates from a mobile van thing but also works from the address above too (his house), has an assortment of big dogs and big american cars there so watch out ;)

Got to drive down south soon. Car has wobbly idle and minor (very) judder when moving due to coil pack issues.

Also, SMIC is on it's way out but has plenty of fins left in place and looks fairly good for it's age.

Can't get either replaced before the journey for one reason or another.

If I pootle down at 70 will I be okay?

Also, cheapest place for air-con service and re-gassing in Leeds area?

Do you ever get worried about falling asleep incase you forget to breath during the night :p

Just go and stop worrying about everything. If it blows up then so be it, at least you can remember the good times :)

Air Con - I answered this recently for Thorin, the chap I used a while ago is:

Antarctic Vehicle Air Conditioning

7 Heath Mount, Leeds, LS11 8TY

Tel: 0113 217 5800

Operates from a mobile van thing but also works from the address above too (his house), has an assortment of big dogs and big american cars there so watch out ;)

I can't afford to get a blow-up car repaired unless you give me half your wages.

How much did big dog yank car man charge?

I can't afford to get a blow-up car repaired unless you give me half your wages.

found this for £1 - Don't think WSB2 gets paid that much, Michael should be able to help though.

http://www.ekmpowershop.com/ekmps/shops/theoldbicycle/images/img_1086.jpg

Mike

I actually do suffer from sleep apnea so not that funny, TBH.

I think considering he didnt actually know he can be excused though....... ;)

Unless WSB2 is in the mind reading game.......

EDITED: And dont worry about the motor Im sure it'll be fine, just make sure you have breakdown just in case. I have driven my car in the past with hunting idle, over heating issues, 3 studs holding one wheel on with only 3 turns worth of threads on each of the 3 studs, blown turbos, so Im sure your'll be fine.......

EDITED: And dont worry about the motor Im sure it'll be fine, just make sure you have breakdown just in case. I have driven my car in the past with hunting idle, over heating issues, 3 studs holding one wheel on with only 3 turns worth of threads on each of the 3 studs, blown turbos, so Im sure your'll be fine.......

Sounds like a bad day!

Gaz.

'Supra for sale, one careful owner'

:innocent:

Not all at the same time you nob jockeys, lol :D :p

Turbos blew on the way to dudes, or no.2 did, had to crawl there for fear of running out of oil.

Then last summer she kept over heating when I drove to Wales in the hot weather thanks to a very shoddy IC I was sold, but we wont go into that now.......

Idle was hunting for about 2 days when I thought it was somethig to do with the ICV, then found a pipe off while cleaning the bay one day......

Then my 3 turns of each of the 3 nuts was after my RH decided to part company with me and the Kahn that went in the mean time had a spacer so the nuts didnt get many turns before they went tight.....

But thats what I love about these cars, if it was a Mistibushi or anything else I would have been road side for all of that probably, but gotta give to Mr T, he built one strong car, so strong she still runs even when she is a little under the weather..... ;)

Have you got cats fitted? If they are still on they may get damaged by the misfire if you give it plenty of welly. If you pootle along then no probs.

Steve