The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SMIC Good for what pressure ?

ManwithSupra

you have many options with a new SMIC

Either - get a stock replacement which "should" be easily capable for 1.2bar.

OR spend twice the money and get an uprated one that will definetely be good for 1.2bar......although from what I can see, overkill for the task.

unless someone proves otherwise.

What will the SMIC go upto as regards pressure.

I am going BPU will this take the 1.2bar i want to boost?

It really depends what condition your IC is in, if it is crumbling and corroded then I'd replace it first. If it is in decent condition then it should be fine.

Either - get a stock replacement which "should" be easily capable for 1.2bar.

OR spend twice the money and get an uprated one that will definetely be good for 1.2bar......although from what I can see, overkill for the task.

Stock price IIRC from toyota is around £600, Chris Wilson's uprated one is £620 and there's ones cheaper than that.

Stock SMIC is fine for BPU levels, and uprated SMIC should be fine for small singles...

Stock price IIRC from toyota is around £600, Chris Wilson's uprated one is £620 and there's ones cheaper than that.

Stock SMIC is fine for BPU levels, and uprated SMIC should be fine for small singles...

Cheers buddy, so for people like us that plan to stick with BPU - a stock replacment should be fine...some dealers on this forum seem to be doing one for £300 which is less than half the price of an uprated one.

How much are the hardpipes on their own?

is the Greddy a stock replacment or an uprated one/

GReddy does not sell just the harpipes. HKS does a aluminium hardpipe kit for the stock SMIC, which would be £285 including airmail to UK.

The GReddy SMIC is an uprated IC, core size is H266 x L260 x W85 x2, 4 layer.

The *airflow* involved is different yes. But I thought that this thread is about the SMIC coping with higher pressures - which it does.

Static pressure increases a lot inside the ic core, as airspeed slows down. So it is a valid question, with the plastic endtanks and all (thank you Toyota:rolleyes:)