The mkiv Supra Owners Club

greddy 2-row BHP questions

mikeyb10supra

Hi Guys

My side mount is shafted so really need to replace fairly quickly, I will be going for a single at some point in the future so just wondered if a greddy 2 row could handle a single, it would only be a small single 61 or similar?

any help would be great

Mike

They are rated to around 450hp I believe, so you'd be better with the 3 row, I can do very deals on GReddy IC's, let me know if you want a price.

Mikey, have you looked at the Hybrid IC's, I know the US raved about them, someone had a link somewhere.......

I bought a Hybrid GT-spec IC for mine, total cost including shipping was just under £500, big difference to the Greddy prices ;)

JohnK, why are FMIC just for show. I can believe that they get a lot of air flow, providing your front allows for it (not stock bumper), my only concern with FMIC has been how much air flow does the rad behind get....?

I did some testing recently with my knackered sidemount, the results are on here somewhere.

Basicly the temps I was getting werent that high above ambient, so unless someone can prove they are worth the money I'll stand by what I said.

I did some testing recently with my knackered sidemount, the results are on here somewhere.

Basicly the temps I was getting werent that high above ambient, so unless someone can prove they are worth the money I'll stand by what I said.

But what was the side mount IC producing in relation to the frount mounted one......???

I spoke to Jake about these the other day....seem pretty good value for money...cant seem to get anywhere with their website though :(

Mate, I went through Ebay using Flying Performance, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HYBRID-INTERCOOLER-KIT-TOYOTA-JZA80-2JZGTE-SUPRA-GT-bov_W0QQitemZ8072030675QQcategoryZ72205QQcmdZViewItem, plus you get a free BOV with as well which I thoght was usefull...... ;)

Or try this....

edit - for some reason the link will not work try item number ...8071083385

£298.49 plus shipping.

I have one of these, they are great and ok it is all of 5mm shorter than the Hybrid one.

I have bought alot of stuff from this company and they deliver what they say they will.

But saying that, if Nic can get it even cheaper then go with him, but I have always been dubious about Hybrid Intercoolers.

Well everyone in Australia I have spoken to about them have said that they are not as good as the Japanese made ones like GReddy. They did give me a link to some data on a Aus site showing cooling temps and pressure losses on each size comparison but I cant find it.

I think your missing the point here mate, I think everyone is aware their not going to be the same quality as a Greddy after all you only get what you pay for, and £1500 against £400 is a big differene, but they work well enough and are a very good value in terms of product against price........

I think your missing the point here mate, I think everyone is aware their not going to be the same quality as a Greddy after all you only get what you pay for, and £1500 against £400 is a big differene, but they work well enough and are a very good value in terms of product against price........

I think I have totally missed your point, as the GReddy link I posted up was a 2 row FMIC for £298. NOT the £1500 you have mentioned.

The point I was trying to make was why by an inferior Hybid when for the same money you can have a GReddy. :rolleyes:

Sorry if my economics never came over in my original post, but the price is there for all who are interested to see. And I am nothing to do with the seller, he is in Japan. :blink:

No intercooler will go lower than ambient unless you employ other cooling methods such as CO2.

I have not tested a FMIC, just a knackered SIMC which did such a good job on a hot day I see no reason to think that a FMIC is justifiable.