The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bilstein suspension...?

nismo_lp

The stock Bilsteins are not adjustable, only way to stiffen them up would be to get them re valved.

What springs do you have one is the car lowered considerably? Also what wheel offsets and tyre profiles do you have? Reducing the tyre profile slightly may work, alteratively raise the car a little with a set of new springs.

I think i gained about a cm and a half from having it shaved, the guy did say he might be able to take a bit more off but he thought he done enough.

I think the wheel its self is just to wide for the arch, the tyres are 265/30/19's, not using any spacers so thats as far in as the wheel will go! This is becoming a right pain now!

How much should i expect to pay for new springs?

I've just had Bilsteins and J-spec springs fitted. The car has been raised about 1.5 " over the Eibachs which I've removed. In fact I'm sure I've read on here that some people find that Bilsteins raise the car compared to standard shocks, even when refitting with the same springs. Don't know what stiffer springs you may be able to get, as they usually lower the car too, which is not what you want.

J

I think i gained about a cm and a half from having it shaved, the guy did say he might be able to take a bit more off but he thought he done enough.

I think the wheel its self is just to wide for the arch, the tyres are 265/30/19's, not using any spacers so thats as far in as the wheel will go! This is becoming a right pain now!

As Nic says, what is the wheel size & offset and what springs do you have fitted? Those tyre sizes should fit fine under the arches (lots of people have them without issues), especially on stock springs.

Buying lower springs will only make things worse.

As Nic says, what is the wheel size & offset and what springs do you have fitted? Those tyre sizes should fit fine under the arches (lots of people have them without issues), especially on stock springs.

Buying lower springs will only make things worse.

They are lowered springs, im interested in getting higher 1s... not sure of the offset and other details ... i got the car as is from Japan.

They are lowered springs, im interested in getting higher 1s... not sure of the offset and other details ... i got the car as is from Japan.

Yellow Bilsteins are matched to the standard J-spec springs. Fitting some J-spec springs should raise it about an inch or so, which may help a lot.

J

Right... incase anyone is interested it seems that the best plan of action is to now take a slice off the wheel its self to alter the off set. Has any one had this done before?

Sorry what, slicing part of the wheel off, good luck in finding someone to do that. From what I have found any wheel companies worth their time wouldnt even entertain such an idea. I tried to get a simple skimming job done and where wheels are concerned companies dont want the liability, just like re-furbing split rims, companies just dont want it.......;)

Yellow Bilsteins are matched to the standard J-spec springs. Fitting some J-spec springs should raise it about an inch or so, which may help a lot.

J

- nismo, i have a pritty much brand new set of standard j spec facelift springs that are sat about doing nothing, youre welcome to them at mares rates if they will help.

- nismo, i have a pritty much brand new set of standard j spec facelift springs that are sat about doing nothing, youre welcome to them at mares rates if they will help.

You might just be a god send! The Standard J-spec srings will go onto the bilsteins with out a problem then? Where are you based?

You might just be a god send! The Standard J-spec srings will go onto the bilsteins with out a problem then? Where are you based?

i think most people run the yellow billie shocks with std jspec springs, thats what they were designed for.

mines been on yellow billies with billie lowered springs, (minus 20mm prob same as yours), for past few years, great set up but not for wide wheels!

im getting rubbing too but mine is beyond a back to std springs problem, (315 rubber), so got JIC coils ordered.

...anyway, im near redhill, surrey,

i think most people run the yellow billie shocks with std jspec springs, thats what they were designed for.

mines been on yellow billies with billie lowered springs, (minus 20mm prob same as yours), for past few years, great set up but not for wide wheels!

im getting rubbing too but mine is beyond a back to std springs problem, (315 rubber), so got JIC coils ordered.

...anyway, im near redhill, surrey,

Wider tyres (265) is whats just caused my problem ... so am i just going to get the same problem you've currently got!???

Nismo, your problem as outlined before is bacause of your offsets, i suspect you have 10" rears with +25 offset as this is the only variant available in Chrome Black with 10" rears, see here http://http://www.piaa.com/Wheels/wheel_super_rozza.html

So tbh the only options you have are below,

Either Mill of 5mm off of each wheel (the hub)

Put the car on stick suspension (not a good idea with the 19's on the back and 18's on the front)

Try 255's at the rears which is more than enough grip.

Nismo if you want to discuss this further, my msn add is [email protected].

HTH

Wider tyres (265) is whats just caused my problem ... so am i just going to get the same problem you've currently got!???

no, maybe i could have explained better,

i have lowered billstein springs on car at moment, (prob same as yours).

i also have set of std springs sat in garage.

if you need an extra cm or 2 of clearence (vertically), then the std springs would give you this.